Arsène Wenger Loses His Usual Cool as Fires of Unrest Rage at Arsenal: The Nightly EPL
Arsene Wenger is under pressure at Arsenal and the cracks are beginning to appear after an unusually edgy and confrontational press conference in advance of Tuesday’s Champions League match against Olympiakos.
The Guardian’s David Hytner reported that Wenger was unusually testy in England (before the team’s flight to Greece) and in Greece (in the press conference, after they landed).
A win against Olympiakos will take the pressure off Wenger. Arsenal could finish top of the group if the Gunners win and Schalke fails to beat Montpellier.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Arsène Wenger loses his usual cool as fires of unrest rage at Arsenal — The Guardian
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger denies Steve Bould rant reports — BBC Sport
- West Ham striker Andy Carroll probed over Christmas party ‘assault’ — The Mirror
- Benítez tells Chelsea hierarchy he does not need Grant’s help — The Guardian
- Michu must not be sold says Swansea defender Angel Rangel — BBC Sport
- Liverpool can challenge for Champions League spot, says Lucas Leiva — The Guardian
- Manchester derby: Martin Atkinson to ref City v United at Etihad Stadium — The Mail
- Man v Food’s Adam Richman cries during first visit to White Hart Lane — Dirty Tackle
- Arsène Wenger’s free rein has left Arsenal’s visionary in the dark — The Guardian
- Manchester City’s David Silva a doubt for derby day — Sky Sports
- Christian Benteke not for sale, warns Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert — The Mail
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.