After a three month absence due to injury, Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva returns to Liverpool’s squad for this weekend’s match against Southampton.
Anyone who watched the documentary Being Liverpool should feel a pinch of affection for Leiva, as he raced back to full recovery only to limp off in a match early in the season. The footballer is Liverpool’s lynchpin, so it’ll be fascinating to see him play again and what immediate impact he can make for the Reds.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Lucas Leiva returns to Liverpool squad for visit of Southampton — The Independent
- Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has the right idea but the wrong players — The Telegraph
- Gareth Bale is not for sale, André Villas-Boas tells Real’s Luka Modric — The Guardian
- Alex Ferguson claims the Premier League is a two horse race — The Independent
- Paul Lambert has had ‘no enquiries’ for Darren Bent to leave Aston Villa — The Guardian
- James Perch missing for Newcastle’s home match against Wigan — The Independent
- Football Manager projections: Walcott down the middle instead of on wing — Soccer Bible
- Steven Caulker available for Tottenham ahead of Fulham trip — The Independent
- Inter consider selling Wesley Sneijder in January after contract dispute — The Guardian
- Julio Cesar a concern for QPR ahead of crunch Aston Villa meeting — The Independent
- Pablo Hernandez to miss Swansea City’s game against Arsenal — Wales Online
- Jimmy Kebe a doubt for Reading ahead of Manchester United encounter — The Independent
- 20 Magnificent Assorted Vintage Football Stickers – Vol #13 — Who Ate All The Pies
- Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna faces late fitness test ahead of Swansea match — The Independent
- James Milner out, Samir Nasri back for Manchester City — Manchester Evening News
- Nani and Antonio Valencia missing for Manchester United’s trip to Reading — The Independent
- A number of EPL clubs are monitoring Paul Robinson’s situation at Blackburn Rovers — Sky Sports
- The romance of the FA Cup is stoked by the ‘We Are Wimbledon’ video ahead of the MK Dons cup-tie — 101GG
- Nemanja Vidic in line for surprise return for Man United’s contest with Cluj — The Telegraph
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.