Harry Redknapp Says He May Not Spend in January If QPR Are ‘Cut Adrift’: The Nightly EPL
I almost fell out of my chair today when I read that Harry Redknapp said he may not spend in the January transfer window if QPR’s survival hopes look doomed. Trust me, even though Redknapp said these words, this sounds like something straight out of the mouth of QPR owner Tony Fernandes.
Not spending money in a transfer window is too logical for Redknapp. It’s so unlike Redknapp. If Fernandes and Redknapp are honest, then not spending in the January transfer window is a superb idea. The team can then rebuild next season in the Championship, cut out the dead wood and to come back to the Premier League stronger than now.
What do you think? Do you really believe that Redknapp will not spend big in January, or is QPR trying to get some bargains instead of paying through their nose for expensive players? Let us know in the comments section below.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Harry Redknapp says he may not spend in January if QPR are ‘cut adrift’ — The Guardian
- Manchester City pay £20m to agents in two years — The Independent
- John Terry may not play until Club World Cup, says Rafael Benítez — The Guardian
- ‘I told Clint Dempsey I loved him’: Martin Jol says — The Independent
- Jermain Defoe: ‘Every day I look at my goal chart. It’s a good feeling’ — The Guardian
- Benitez risk further wrath of Chelsea fans as he plans to implement rotation policy — The Telegraph
- Chelsea face burnout if squad is not augmented, warns Rafael Benítez — The Guardian
- Sunderland wait on news of Lee Cattermole scan — The Independent
- Joey Barton expects QPR to be relegated from Premier League — The Independent
- QPR paid third-highest amount to agents in 2012 — The Guardian
- West Ham chairmen make statement over chanting — The Independent
- Premier League players call on Uefa to remove Israel as European U-21 hosts — The Telegraph
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.