Real Oviedo: the Remarkable Story of a Club the World (including Michu and Cazorla) United to Save: The Nightly EPL
For a change, our lead story in tonight’s Nightly EPL column is a feel-good story about soccer fans from around the world, including two Premier League footballers, who went on a mission to save Spanish club Real Oviedo from going out of existence.
It’s a wonderful story by Sid Lowe that’s certainly worth reading.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Real Oviedo: the remarkable story of a club the world (including Michu and Cazorla) united to save — The Guardian
- Arsenal want pay cuts for Champions League failure in new contracts — The Guardian
- Man City to loan out Joleon Lescott in January transfer window — The Telegraph
- Marouane Fellaini can get Everton to top-four finish, says Arteta — The Guardian
- Man who killed a Liverpool football fan at a bar in London was jailed for life — The Independent
- Clint Dempsey ‘grateful’ to Fulham as he prepares to return with Spurs — The Guardian
- Clattenburg affair a sad comment on today’s footballing culture — Soccer Report Extra
- Manchester duo pull clear of pack and set up derby of some significance — The Guardian
- Former Liverpool schoolboy Nigel Adkins relishing return to Anfield as Southampton manager — The Independent
- Jermain Defoe vows to end career at Tottenham — The Sun
- Chelsea name 23-man squad for Club World Cup — Chelsea FC
- Shinji Kagawa wins inaugural Asian Player of the Year award — The Independent
- Newcastle and Sunderland locked in fight against a dangerous grey area — The Guardian
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.