Europa League Could Be Scrapped in Favor of Expanding Champions League to 64 teams: The Daily EPL
UEFA is considering scrapping the Europa League and expanding the Champions League from 32 to 64 teams. UEFA says it’ll make a decision in 2014, but if the proposed move is approved, it could mean that 7 Premier League clubs will enter the Champions League instead of just the top four.
That’s great news for clubs such as Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool. But it’ll also make the Premier League more competitive as clubs try to get into the top 7.
What do you think about the proposed move by UEFA? Will it improve the Champions League or dilute the quality? Share your opinion in the comments section below.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Europa League could be scrapped in favour of expanding Champions League to 64 teams — Liverpool Echo
- Proposed transfer of Defoe from Spurs to QPR is ‘absolutely impossible’ says AVB — The Independent
- Mapping the Market: How Much Do Players in the Premier League Cost? — Soccer By The Numbers
- Why every Arsenal fan should join the black scarf movement this Saturday — Sabotage Times
- Emmanuel Frimpong switches national eligibility to Ghana from England — The Guardian
- Arsenal CEO Ivan Gazidis To Replace David Gill At ECA — FC Business
- Darren Bent: Twenty two questions about Aston Villa’s record signing — The Guardian
- Chelsea `regrets’ over race abuse complaint against Clattenburg — This Is Derbyshire
- Graphic: The 30 best paid managers in world football — 101 Great Goals
- Adel Taarabt and home form crucial to QPR plans, says Harry Redknapp – video — The Guardian
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.