Sam Allardyce Open to Nicolas Anelka Deal to Bring French Striker to West Ham United: The Daily EPL
Big Sam is open to bringing Nicolas Anelka under his wing. The West Ham United manager gave Anelka a new lease of life when he managed the mercurial striker at Bolton Wanderers. I don’t know about you, but I’d love to see Anelka playing in the Premier League again as long as he wasn’t on the bench sulking each week.
Before I jump into today’s news headlines, I want to give you a heads-up that today will be the last Daily EPL (and Nightly EPL) for one week. I’ll be taking a break for a week, but normal service will resume beginning next Sunday.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Sam Allardyce open to Nicolas Anelka deal to bring French Striker to Hammers — Sky Sports
- QPR owner Tony Fernandes last night apologised to the club’s fans — The Independent
- Arsene Wenger scoffs at AVB claim that Tottenham were in control — The Mail
- Roy Keane is suing Sunderland four years after leaving — The Mirror
- Alan Hansen’s MOTD trolling continues as he mocks Man City captain Vincent Kompany — 101GG
- The days when Gazza was the ringleader in Channel 4′s Italian job — The Guardian
- Brendan Rodgers has explained the tactical shift that helped Liverpool overrun Wigan — Liverpool FC
- Phil Parkes says Tony Fernandes should replace Mark Hughes with Harry Redknapp — Sky Sports
- Hillsborough: Fears of delay and duplication — The Independent
- Foster should be providing competition for England keeper, says Gordon Banks — The Mirror
- Match of the Day first colour show – 43 years on — The Mail
- Norwich ready to bring Robbie Keane back to the Premier League — The Mirror
- Newcastle are threatening to take FIFA and Senegal to court following a furious row — The Sun
- What’s the point of a £5bn league if England can’t make it to the World Cup? — The Mail
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.