You have to admire Southampton manager Nigel Adkins for coming out and saying that he’s the favorite to be the first Premier League boss to get sacked this season. Typically managers under pressure will go on the defensive and will keep uttering cliches about taking it from game to game, etcetera. But not Adkins.
Interestingly, Adkins’ remarks should take the pressure off a little since the press now won’t keep on piling on the pressure. Southampton’s next match is a must-win home game against Swansea on Saturday.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Southampton boss Nigel Adkins says he is favourite to be sacked — BBC Sport
- Steve Clarke delighted as West Brom move to fifth — Premier League
- Michael Ngoo can do a job for Liverpool against Anzhi Makhachkala — Liverpool Echo
- US u-20 goalkeeper Zac MacMath to spend 3 weeks training with Everton — ToffeeWeb
- Swansea City are becoming Premier League force, says Leon Britton — Wales Online
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.