Is Roberto Mancini using reverse psychology, or is he being serious, or perhaps downplaying his team’s chances in the UEFA Champions League to help manage the expectations of his bosses? Whatever the case, this week’s must-win match against Ajax should be riveting to watch.
Here are the Premier League news headlines tonight:
- Roberto Mancini writes off Manchester City’s Champions League chances — The Guardian
- Carlos Tevez shows Hammers Irons sign to West Ham fans — The Mail
- This is my best ever Everton, says David Moyes after Fulham draw — The Guardian
- QPR and Reading showcase two very different ways to play 4-4-2 — The Guardian
- Luis Suárez is unplayable, says Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers — The Guardian
- James McFadden faces a spell on the sidelines after suffering a hamstring injury — Sky Sports
- Lee Cattermole stands by Sunderland manager after defeat by Aston Villa — The Guardian
- Wimbledon and MK Dons an FA Cup replay each away from historic first meeting — The Telegraph
- Tottenham are too anxious, admits André Villas-Boas after Wigan shock — The Guardian
- Is Arsène Wenger finally losing his grip at Arsenal? — The Guardian
Queens Park Rangers vs Reading
Liverpool vs Newcastle United
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.