Arsenal Can Compete With World’s Best ‘Within Two Years’ Says Gazidis: The Daily EPL
Most of the major news this morning is a result of today’s annual meeting with Arsenal shareholders and football supporters. Not surprisingly, supporters are upset over Arsenal’s focus on generating money over winning trophies. There were many hecklers in the audience who are dissatisfied with Arsenal’s plight — not having won a trophy in over 7 years.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger told fans not to go overboard, and highlighted the club’s successive seasons in the Champions League. While the meeting has ended, the thirst among Arsenal fans for a piece of silverware has not.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Arsenal can compete with world’s best ‘within two years’ says Gazidis — Sky Sports
- Arsenal chief executive denies ‘ruining the club’ with financial focus — The Guardian
- West Ham: It Ain’t Pretty, But Sam’s Hoofball Is The Key To Survival — Sabotage Times
- Man Utd’s Ryan Tunnicliffe banned for drink-driving after knocking van into house — The Independent
- Harry Redknapp wants Blackburn Rovers job — The Daily Mail
- Roberto Mancini says Manchester City need a Champions League ‘miracle’ — The Guardian
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.