Anyone who watched Shakhtar Donetsk’s victory against Chelsea mid-week would have been impressed by the display of Willian, the Brazilian attacking midfielder. It’s no surprise therefore that Willian is rumored to be interested in a move to moneybags Chelsea FC.
In other news, Nike is selling its Umbro brand to a company called Iconix. I don’t know about you, but I’ve never heard or seen the name Iconix before tonight. What a honest shame that such a brilliant brand like Umbro is being sold. Hopefully Iconix decides to keep the Umbro brand name, which has been such an integral part of the English game (both club and international) for so long.
Here are the Premier League news headlines tonight:
- Willian hoping Shakhtar Donetsk will grant his wish for Chelsea move — The Guardian
- Nike offloads Umbro brand to Iconix in £140m deal — The Daily Mail
- Shola and Sammy Ameobi to become first bros. to start in a major game for Newcastle in 60 yrs — The Independent
- Pepe Reina a doubt for Merseyside derby with hamstring injury — Liverpool Echo
- 25 Manchester City fans arrested in Amsterdam ahead of Ajax game — The Daily Mail
- Arsenal fans frustrated by familiar failings in defeat to Schalke — The Guardian
- Wayne Rooney supports Obama in US presidental election — The Mirror
- Emmanuel Adebayor and Gareth Bale will miss Tottenham trip to Maribor — The Guardian
- Tom Hicks and George Gillett should be allowed RBS trial, says High Court judge — Liverpool Echo
- Joey Barton attacks PFA’s Gordon Taylor as ‘fat, festering old king’ — The Guardian
- Heskey Cam. Like porn. But better? — Men In Blazers
- Anzhi Makhachkala put their vast riches to the test against Liverpool — The Guardian
- English clubs becoming the poor men of Europe — The Independent
- Anton and Rio Ferdinand call truce with John Terry and Ashley Cole — The Guardian
- St Louis Rams train at Arsenal’s training ground — Arsenal FC
- Liverpool’s Luis Suárez and Steven Gerrard to face Anzhi Makhachkala — The Guardian
- Men In Blazers interview Nick Hornby — Men In Blazers
- Newcastle v Club Bruges preview — BBC Sport
- FA unveil new England badge for 150th year — The Daily Mail
- Working for the weekend – international ticket prices — Stadium Guide
- A brilliant new cartoon: ‘Chicharito Unidos’ — 101 Great Goals
And last but not least, here are the video highlights from tonight’s Champions League matches involving British teams. It’s not a pretty sight!
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.