Will he or won’t he? Manchester City midfield maestro David Silva was originally ruled out of Wednesday night’s Champions League match against Ajax. But now the Manchester Evening News is reporting that he could indeed return from injury. It’s going to be one of those stories where we won’t know for sure until the team line-up is revealed on Wednesday evening.
Here are the main Premier League news headlines today:
- Man City hopeful David Silva could return for Ajax clash — Manchester Evening News
- Alex Ferguson and Rio Ferdinand hold crisis talks on race row — The Independent
- Edin Dzeko: Don’t call me a Manchester City supersub — Manchester Evening News
- Martin Samuel: Rio Ferdinand, tell us what to do — The Daily Mail
- Political parties considering plan to force Hillsborough police to testify — The Independent
- Forgotten Fortress: Sunderland’s Roker Park — MiniBoro
- Martin O’Neill slams supporters for targeting Newcastle’s Steven Taylor with death chants — The Telegraph
- Paul Lambert insists Aston Villa will improve after worst start for 26 years — The Daily Mail
- Southern League Arlesey earn Coventry trip in FA Cup first round — The Guardian
- Tottenham concern over injury to Mousa Dembele — The Independent
- Kick It Out rebels: Premier League players who snubbed T-shirts — The Guardian
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain injury doubt for Schalke — The Daily Mail
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.