Chelsea Chairman Bruce Buck Confirms John Terry Will Remain Club’s Captain: The Daily EPL
Sky Sports were hounding Chelsea FC and its manager Roberto Di Matteo in yesterday’s press conference, asking the pointed question whether John Terry would remain Chelsea captain. Not satisfied with the answer, Sky Sports continued to barrage Di Matteo, who remained resilient. Now, talkSPORT exclusively revealed this morning that John Terry will remain as Chelsea captain.
Will the story end here? Hopefully the answer is yes.
Here are the latest Premier League news headlines:
- Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck confirms Terry will remain club’s captain — TalkSport
- Jack Wilshere in Arsenal squad for todays match against Norwich — The Independent
- Goalkeeper Chris Kirkland knocked down by a Leeds fan — The Telegraph
- Ashley Young returns to Manchester United squad after two-month absence — The Independent
- Anton Ferdinand set to wear anti-racism t-shirt, says QPR’s Mark Hughes — The Telegraph
- Steven Taylor: I would rather go and collect stamps than pull on a Sunderland shirt — The Independent
- Tottenham’s midfield flexibility and rotation can unsettle Chelsea — The Guardian
- West Ham concerned over Winston Reid & Guy Demel for Southampton match — The Independent
- Chelsea finally admit that John Terry ‘let himself and the club down’ — The Guardian
- Martin O’Neill has revealed that James McFadden is about to sign a short-term deal — Sky Sports
- Antolin Alcaraz and Albert Crusat missing for Wigan’s trip to Swansea — The Independent
- QPR’s Mark Hughes keeps his cool over Harry Redknapp speculation — The Guardian
- Sunderland’s decision to move away fans raises red alert for police — The Independent
- Brendan Rodgers says there is no ‘quick fix’ at Liverpool — The Guardian
Last but not least, you have to feel sorry for former Wigan goalkeeper Chris Kirkland. The talented goalkeeper had the worst injury luck at Wigan. Now that he’s at Sheffield Wednesday, here’s what happened last night during the game against Leeds United, where he was knocked out unconscious:
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.