Despite contrary reports, Rio Ferdinand will wear a Kick It Out campaign T-shirt in the pre-match warm-up this weekend for Manchester United, says Sir Alex Ferguson during today’s United press conference. There were reports that Jason Roberts, Anton Ferdinand and Rio Ferdinand would not wear the shirts in protest, but Rio will wear the shirt. And so he should.
Here are the Premier League news headlines today:
- Fergie says Jason Roberts is wrong over Kick It Out campaign as Rio Ferdinand wears t-shirt — The Guardian
- Thomas Hitzlsperger signs short-term deal with Everton — Everton FC
- How has the parody Twitter account gained such currency in football? — The Guardian
- Phil Neville believes Everton can seal their place in top four by Christmas — Liverpool Echo
- Premier League ticket price cuts ‘unrealistic’ says Deloitte — BBC Sport
- Nani exit to set up Manchester United swoop for Porto starlet James Rodriguez — Manchester Evening News
- David Silva ruled out of Manchester City’s West Brom and Ajax trips — The Guardian
- 20 Magnificent Assorted Vintage Football Stickers – Vol #7 — Who Ate All The Pies
- Suso delighted to sign new Liverpool deal — The Daily Mail
- The match-day experience – how football has evolved — BBC Sport
- Martinez loses appeal against FA charge after referee comments — The Mirror
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.