Today marks the 125th year anniversary of Everton Football Club. One hundred and twenty five years ago today, Everton played Bolton Wanderers in 1887 in a FA Cup first round match that was later ordered to be replayed because the Trotters fielded an ineligible player. Everton’s match against Bolton was the club’s first professional match. The club itself was founded in 1878 as St. Domingo’s FC.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Everton celebrate 125 years of football — ToffeeWeb
- Jen Chang faces Liverpool investigation over Duncan Jenkins claims — The Daily Mail
- FA will apply to Fifa for clearance to pick Carl Jenkinson for England — The Independent
- Liverpool don’t want naming rights deal for redeveloped stadium — Liverpool Echo
- My grandson is more skilful than Andy Carroll, claims Zbigniew Boniek — The Independent
- Attorney general to apply to overturn original verdicts of accidental death re: Hillsborough — The Guardian
- Mystery tweeter Duncan Jenkins doesn’t deserve this treatment from Liverpool — The Guardian
- Caught on CCTV: Liverpool PR chief Jen Chang met Twitter prankster Duncan Jenkins — The Daily Mail
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.