Liverpool’s home since 1892 is going to be redeveloped to expand the Anfield capacity to 60,000. Fenway Sports Group will work with the local Liverpool authorities to knock down several streets around Anfield, to make way for the expansion.
Fenway Sports Group will be spending approximately £152 million to expand the ground.
Here are the Premier League news headlines today:
- Liverpool FC owners decide on £152million redevelopment of Anfield stadium — Liverpool Echo
- Premier League winter break could mean end of FA Cup replays — The Independent
- How The African Cup Of Nations Will Affect Tottenham Hotspur — Cartilage Free Captain
- St George’s Park has come too late to improve the England players’ technique — The Telegraph
- Jan Tomaszewski hails Joe Hart best in the world — Manchester Evening News
- World Cup qualifying TV & online listings — Washington Post
- Ryan Bertrand deletes his Twitter account after swearing criticism — BBC Sport
- Jack Rodwell ruled out of England under-21’s play-off against Serbia — The Independent
- Tom Cleverley: Wayne Rooney can be England’s future captain — BBC Sport
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.