Ashley Cole, in a moment of immaturity, posted his tweet on Friday morning, calling the FA a bunch of twats. And now he’s set to pay the price with fines from Chelsea and possibly England, as well as exclusion from England’s upcoming World Cup qualifier against San Marino.
Here are the Premier League news headlines so far today (not including matches played):
- Ashley Cole to be fined by Chelsea and will miss England game against San Marino — The Telegraph
- Pressure grows on insurer over Hillsborough — The Independent
- England could be without Frank Lampard for World Cup qualifiers — The Guardian
- Balotelli storms off pitch and jets home after being substituted — The Daily Mail
- The Times says supporting Arsenal is among top 10 indicators of being middle class in Britain — Football Economy
- Which kit manufacturer has most deals in top European leagues? — True Colours
- QPR fans call for owner to sack Mark Hughes and bring in Redknapp — The Daily Mail
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.