Mark your calendar for October 27 when the fireworks between Aston Villa and Norwich City kick off at Villa Park. Not only did Paul Lambert walk out of Carrow Road this summer when Norwich refused to let the manager go, but now the Norwich chairman is reporting that Lambert is suing Norwich City for £2 million. Bazinga!
Why is the Scot suing Norwich, you may ask? The Guardian says that it’s an alleged breach of contract.
Here are the latest Premier League news headlines tonight:
- Paul Lambert is suing Norwich City for £2m, chairman tells fans — The Guardian
- Aaron Ramsey set to be replaced by Ashley Williams as Wales captain — Wales Online
- Liverpool were lazy against Udinese – Brendan Rodgers — BBC Sport
- DirecTV has added beIN SPORT to its out-of-home live TV streaming service — MultiChannel News
- Didier Deschamps hits out at Arsène Wenger over Abou Diaby criticism — The Guardian
- Scott Wootton ready to fill Man United void should Jonny Evans miss Newcastle match — The Independent
- Roy Hodgson issues Ferdinand apology (Video) — BBC Sport
- Joe Hart’s heroics expose Manchester City’s defensive failings — The Guardian
- Top Hillsborough officer to quit in wake of inflammatory remarks — The Independent
- Norwich’s Grant Holt says he has given up on playing for England — BBC Sport
- Swansea City boss Michael Laudrup braced for Reading “six pointer” — Wales Online
- Ryan Shawcross’s England selection shows Roy Hodgson’s forward thinking — The Guardian
- Brian McDermott claims officials have told his Reading players to complain more — The Telegraph
- Warrior Sports Suing Under Armour Over Lacrosse Stick Design — Sports Business Daily
- Harry Redknapp still in the running for Bournemouth job — The Guardian
- This Is How Your Bleacher Report Sausage Gets Made — Deadspin
- Roberto Mancini says Manchester City can learn from elite cyclists — The Guardian
- Simon Mignolet is best goalkeeper in world says Martin O’Neill — The Telegraph
- Premier League referee decisions can be led by player background — The Guardian
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.