Imagine the surprise of Tube passengers Wednesday night when not only did Roy Hodgson join them on a ride through London, but the England manager reportedly told them that Rio Ferdinand’s England career is over.
Hodgson instead has called up Ryan Shawcross for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers as well as Fraser Forster, the Celtic goalkeeper.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Hodgson tells Tube passengers that Ferdinand’s career with England is over — The Telegraph
- Hodgson names Ryan Shawcross and Fraser Forster in squad for World Cup qualifiers — The Telegraph
- André Villas-Boas bemused by Europa League’s English unpopularity — The Guardian
- Mancini: ‘Hart saved everything, I should say thank you to him. He was fantastic’ — The Independent
- Manchester City’s Joe Hart is world’s best goalkeeper says Wayne Rooney — The Telegraph
- Revitalised Chelsea can win Champions League in style, says Juan Mata — The Guardian
- Jurgen Klopp says he no longer dreams of managing in England — Sky Sports
- EA Sports Sells More Than 4.5 Million Copies Of “FIFA Soccer 13” — Sports Business Daily
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer plays down Blackburn job — The Guardian
- Jonjo Shelvey available for Liverpool’s Europa League tie against Udinese — The Independent
- Joe Hart’s brilliance saves Manchester City from embarrassment — The Guardian
- “Bleacher Report Is The Worst Thing In The History Of Journalism” — Deadspin
- Alan Pardew calls on Newcastle to ‘up their levels’ ahead of tough tests — The Guardian
- Emmanuel Adebayor Out For Panathinaikos Match — Cartilage Free Captain
- Fabio Borini insists ‘goals will come’ after slow start at Liverpool — The Guardian
- Ron Vlaar: Aston Villa captaincy a great honour… and a shock — Aston Villa FC
- Roberto Martinez considering appeal over fine for criticising referee — The Independent
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.