THURS, 1PM ET
THURS, 3PM ET
VIL4
ZUR1
THURS, 3PM ET
MON5
APO0

What’s Your Favorite Shirt Of Your Premier League Club?

soccer shirts1 Whats Your Favorite Shirt Of Your Premier League Club?

If you begin to count the number of different home football shirts that each club in the Premier League has had, it would make your head spin. But in those, I believe that we all have a favorite. It may be the best one in your opinion for different reasons. Maybe it was the way it looked, or maybe it was the memories that were wrapped up in what the players wearing that shirt accomplished. But everyone has their favorite.

For me, it’s a toss-up between Swansea’s home shirts from the 1981-84 and 1979-81 seasons:

Whats Your Favorite Shirt Of Your Premier League Club?

swansea city 1979 81 300x284 Whats Your Favorite Shirt Of Your Premier League Club?

The reason these are my two favorite shirts are part nostalgia, part simplicity. The one worn by Bob Latchford (seen above as he sprinted after scoring a goal against Leeds United in 1981) is so clean and simple. I love how the Swansea crest sits right in the middle of the shirt. It’s the first thing you see. I also love how the design of the collar has the two lines that come together but don’t quite intersect, on purpose. I also love the design of the shorts and those two simple aerodynamic lines.

At the time, the design of the Swansea kit was quite modern. I don’t remember having that Swansea shirt, but I do remember buying the shorts which I wore for years.

The second shirt, from Adidas, I absolutely love. It’s quintessential Adidas. The three black lines down the sleeve, the classic Adidas logo and the beautiful but simple Swansea logo. That was my first-ever Swansea shirt. I only wish I still had it today.

What’s your favorite shirt for your Premier League club? Let me know in the comments section below. And bonus points to you if you include a link to a picture of the shirt (Google Images is a savior in this regard).

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, Swansea City. Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to What’s Your Favorite Shirt Of Your Premier League Club?

1. Reid says:

I actually really like the 12-13 away kit for Tottenham.

I think the highlights really show off the shade of blue, and I like the design on the back. I also like that is does not have a collar because I can not stand those.

2. Dan d Man says:

Mine would have to be Newcastle United 95-97 home Jersey

3. Marc says:

I love the 98-99 United away shirt. That was my first United shirt. Seeing Giggs taking it off, waving it around his head while running up the pitch still sends chills through me.

4. Cody says:

Arsenal 04-05 Home “Highbury” Kit
    1978-79 Forest
    Any of the Carlsberg Liverpool Kits…I don’t know why but Carlsberg & Liverpool red just belong together.

5. AZ_Saint says:

Saints Kit when Keegan signed 1980-82.
    Both home and away were great.

6. hoosiergunner says:

Gunners 95-96… mostly for sentimental reasons (and my first jersey purchase). A little busy to the contemporary eye, but I love the text along the tail, I miss JVC as the sponsor… and hey, Bergkamp wore it.

7. Fabio says:

Chelsea 2003-05 home kit http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Chelsea/Chelsea.htm
    Chelsea 2005-06 away kit
    Chelsea 2008-09 3rd kit http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Chelsea/Chelsea.htm

this site is fantastic for looking through old shirts

8. EDub says:

I’m a sucker for the redcurrant Arsenal Highbury (2005 – 2006). http://angryofislington.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/highbury-shirt.jpg

9. DeRotto says:

Aston Villa 2009/10 away kit. This will always be my favorite Premier League kit in general, and it being from Villa (my fav team) helps. What I’d give for this kit back…and NIKE!

10. jtm371 says:

1979 Nottingham Forest European Cup winning Shirt could not get picture to load.Clean red and white and black boots oh yeah they WON.GFYR! sorry i might die before they get back in the EPL thanks for giving me a reason to toot my horn for my side.

11. Matthew says:

Tottenham Hotspur 08/09 Black Third Kit and the 10/11 Home Kit.

12. Sean Johansen says:

This one :) the retro white away shirt of Man Utd 2012-13

13. francis8 says:

OK this is pre-premiership but I loved the BCFC “penguin” kit of the 70′s!

14. Cornelius says:

Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it’s
    really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels.
    I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future.

Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!