Liverpool owner John W Henry has written an open letter to defend Liverpool’s transfer strategy. The American owner admits that the club has made mistakes in the transfer market during the first two years of ownership, and says that they don’t want to do mortgage the future of the club with risky spending.
The letter is in response to growing criticism regarding Liverpool’s inability to add strikers on the final day of the transfer window after Andy Carroll was loaned to West Ham United.
Here are the Premier League news headlines today:
- John W Henry defends transfer strategy in letter to Liverpool fans — Liverpool FC
- Chelsea reported as sealing January deal for hitman Falcao — The Mirror
- Chelsea in talks to sell Raul Meireles to Fenerbahce, say Turkish club — The Guardian
- Brendan Rodgers would consider a move for Michael Owen — Liverpool Echo
- The FA announce new kit supply partnership with Nike, to replace Umbro — The FA
- Tottenham Hotspur put Brad Friedel above Hugo Lloris in pecking order — The Guardian
- Swansea will explore free-agent list to find emergency cover for Neil Taylor — Wales Online
- Steve Clarke’s subtle brand of passing football has West Brom purring — The Guardian
- Everton to open free school as 55 welcome pupils across England — The Telegraph
- Swansea’s Ben Davies replaces injured Neil Taylor in Wales squad — Wales Online
- LeBron James offers Liverpool players Las Vegas party if they win silverware — The Daily Mail