In breaking news, Clint Dempsey has turned down a move to Aston Villa even though Fulham and Villa agreed a £7m deal. Dempsey is insisting that he wants to move to Liverpool instead. Brendan Rodgers, meanwhile, refused to talk about Dempsey in his latest press conference. The Reds seem to be favoring a loan deal move for Daniel Sturridge, but Chelsea will probably only let Sturridge go if the Blues sign German international Andre Schurrle.
So for Dempsey, it appears to be Liverpool or bust.
Stay tuned to EPL Talk today for all of the transfer news. We’re going to do an open thread on the transfer news, so you can follow the minute-by-minute action. Plus follow EPL Talk on Twitter and Facebook.
Here are the Premier League news headlines so far this morning:
- Fulham accept £7m Aston Villa bid for Clint Dempsey — The Daily Mail
- Nigel De Jong has joined AC Milan from Manchester City — Sky Sports
- Charlie Adam at Stoke for medical ahead of £4million Liverpool exit — The Daily Mail
- Everton agree fee with FC Copenhagen for Bryan Oviedo — The Independent
- Rafael van der Vaart is travelling to former club Hamburg to undergo a medical — BBC Sport
- Nicklas Bendtner is having a medical at Juventus ahead of his move — The Daily Mail
- Sunderland have opened talks over a deal for Jermaine Jenas — Sky Sports
- Arsenal look to strengthen midfield with loan deal for Michael Essien — The Telegraph
- Tottenham’s Danny Rose will join Sunderland on a season-long loan — Sky Sports
- Tottenham consider deadline day swoop for Porto’s João Moutinho — The Guardian
- Chelsea’s Thorgan Hazard joins Zulte Waregem on loan — The Daily Mail
- Aston Villa have agreed a deal for Chesterfield’s Jordan Bowery — Sky Sports
- Roman Abramovich wins most expensive court case in history — The Telegraph
- Brighton have announced the signing of Andrea Orlandi from Swansea — Sky Sports
- QPR sign Pompey youngster Sam Magri — BBC Sport