Over the weekend, Sir Alex Ferguson promised another signing before the transfer window closed. And he has delivered with the signing of left back Alexander Buttner from Vitesse Arnhem in the Eredivisie. I haven’t personally had an opportunity to watch Buttner in action, but buying cover for left back Patrice Evra is a sound move especially given Evra’s poor form, at times, last season.
Meanwhile, here are the latest Premier League news headlines:
- Alexander Buttner joins Manchester United as defensive cover — The Guardian
- Sergio Aguero has scan on a knee injury picked up in Sunday’s Premier League clash — BBC Sport
- Adam Johnson was left out of Man City’s squad in order to help him find a new club — Sky Sports
- Eden Hazard is just what Chelsea are looking for – Roberto Di Matteo — The Guardian
- Lukas Podolski lacks match fitness, says Arsene Wenger — The Daily Mail
- Darren Fletcher completes 90-minute run out for Man United U-21s — Manchester Evening News
- Swansea are in talks with Celtic over signing Ki Sung-yueng — Sky Sports
- Shipped from Abroad, England: ‘Til the landslide brought them down — Pro Soccer Talk
Meanwhile, here are the match highlights from today’s Premier League fixtures:
Wigan Athletic vs Chelsea
Manchester City vs Southampton
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.