In his Friday morning press conference ahead of Arsenal’s opening match of the Premier League season, manager Arsene Wenger has admitted that Arsenal could lose another star player — Alex Song, this time, who could move to Barcelona before the summer transfer window comes to a close.
Losing Robin van Persie is one thing, but losing a central cog in midfield would be another blow for Arsenal. To make matters worse, Wenger has also said that the club has already spent the money Arsenal has received from the van Persie transfer, so don’t expect any more major signings between now and the end of this month.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Arsène Wenger: Alex Song could follow Robin van Persie out of Arsenal — The Guardian
- Harry Redknapp And Mick McCarthy Join ‘Match Of The Day’ Panel — Who Ate All The Pies
- Roberto Mancini says Man United are favourites to win the Premier League — BBC Sport
- Big interview with Swansea City manager Michael Laudrup — The Guardian
- Man City have confirmed ex-Barcelona man Ferran Soriano as their new CEO — The Independent
- QPR chairman refuses to confirm whether the club have signed Jose Bosingwa — Sky Sports
- Tony Pulis is still interested in signing Michael Owen — BBC Sport
- Marseilles swap deal offers Joey Barton way out of QPR — The Independent
And as if things couldn’t get any worse for Arsenal, here’s a photo of their star striker officially signing for one of the club’s biggest rivals:
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.