After successfully launching on television last night, beIN SPORT — the new 24/7 international soccer network — has revealed details regarding some of its new shows and talent who will be front-and-center on screen.
Former FOX Soccer contributor Temryss Lane and former FOX Soccer Report host Terri Leigh have both joined beIN SPORT as matchday presenters. Lane made her debut on beIN SPORT last night for the friendly between Ecuador and Chile. She was joined in the beIN SPORT studio by Bodo Illgner, who is best known as goalkeeper for West Germany in the 1990 World Cup as well as his five years at Real Madrid.
Lane, while vivacious, is best known for her role on the ill-fated FOX Soccer TV show entitled Soccer Talk Live, where she had her own segment of the show (“In The Fast Lane With Temryss Lane.”) FOX Soccer cancelled Soccer Talk Live within three months of its launch.
While Lane and Leigh will be taking turns presenting matches, beIN SPORT announced that some of its other programming will include:
- The Express — Live soccer games on Saturdays and Sundays will be presented in the show beIN SPORT Express.
- The Express Xtra — This show will go more in-depth into the analysis and discussion of the beautiful game.
- GOL ZAP – The goal highlights show sounds similar to GolTV’s “Oh My Gol” (OMG).
- 90 in 30 – Missed the big game? Get your soccer quick fix with 30-minute versions of the best soccer matches of the week hosted by Phil Schoen and Ray Hudson.
- Highlight Zone – Get the complete and in-depth championship experience of the weekend’s best matches. Highlight Zone gives you exclusive behind the scenes with players and managers from La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1.
- Action Sports World – This weekly magazine series brings the latest news and events from around the world of alternative sports.
Also, beIN SPORT has announced that it will have a series of other new soccer shows coming soon including La Liga Show, Serie A Show, Ligue 1 Highlights and select soccer documentaries.