Arsenal Poised to Announce Signing of Midfielders Santi Cazorla and Nuri Sahin; Plus More EPL News and Links
Beep, beep, beep. Don’t faint, but Arsenal is about to announce another new signing this summer — Santi Cazorla, a £16m attacking midfielder from Málaga. And believe it or not, but Arsenal is poised to announce a loan move for Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin. Meanwhile, in a story we told you about 4 days ago, The Guardian has finally confirmed that Liverpool’s Alberto Aquilani has joined Fiorentina.
It’s been a good day for opinionated articles on EPL Talk, hence the delay in getting the morning news stories out today!
Lastly, I should have kept my mouth shut. Yesterday, I was complaining that there were no stories from The Guardian. And today, there’s an abundance of them!
Here are the latest Premier League news headlines from the past 24 hours:
- Arsenal recruit Santi Cazorla can sugar pill of Robin van Persie exit — The Guardian
- Why Arsenal Must Spend £120M To Compete For Championships — Forbes
- Premier League launches competition for Under-21 players — The Guardian
- Manchester United goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard has signed a new four-year deal — Sky Sports
- Joe Cole injury not serious, says Brendan Rodgers — The Daily Mail
- Jason Roberts has signed a new deal at Reading that runs until 2014 — Sky Sports
- Aston Villa’s Stilian Petrov ‘in remission’ over leukaemia fight — The Guardian
- Liverpool FC manager Brendan Rodgers hails LFC fighting qualities after Gomel win — Liverpool Echo
- Manchester United’s Rio Ferdinand denies FA charge of improper conduct — The Guardian
- Reading goalkeeper Adam Federici signs 3 year contract extension — Sky Sports
- Dennis Wise resigns as director of Chelsea Pitch Owners — The Independent
- Newcastle fail with improved bid for Lille’s Mathieu Debuchy — The Guardian
- Rodgers explains Daniel Agger absence from FC Gomel game — Sky Sports
- 2012 Olympics: The U.S. Searched Online for Soccer First [INFOGRAPHIC] — Mashable
- Players who have made a league app for 5 or more EPL teams in career — The Best Eleven
- Man United fans begin Glazer sponsors’ boycott — MUST
- Blackburn complete deal for Fulham midfielder Dickson Etuhu — The Independent
- Brendan Rodgers thanks LFC fans for the efforts in cheering the club yesterday — The Daily Mail
And finally, in case you missed it, here’s Stewart Downing (yes, Stewart Downing) scoring not only a goal for Liverpool yesterday, but a spectacular one at that: