TUES, 2:45PM ET
JUV2
MAL0
TUES, 2:45PM ET
BEN0
ZEN2

FIFA 13 With Kinect Demo: Ready To Swear At Referees? [VIDEO]

FIFA 13 with Kinect enables you to use voice commands to manage your club’s line-up and tactics without pausing the game, shout directions on the pitch in Be A Pro, and forces you to temper the way you talk to officials.

Listen to Ian Jarvis, FIFA 13 Producer, talk through the features of FIFA 13 with Kinect.

In the above preview, I really like the way the Kinect functionality will improve the FIFA series. Making substitutions or changing formations without having to stop the game is certainly going to make the game easier to play, and faster.

So far, so good. The Kinect functionality looks promising. Hopefully the voice commands work as well as they do in this demo. I’ve experienced tough times with other games not recognizing the voice commands via Kinect.

This entry was posted in FIFA Video Game, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to FIFA 13 With Kinect Demo: Ready To Swear At Referees? [VIDEO]

1. Ryan says:

Why can’t this just work with a headset? Why do I have to buy a $100 kinect?

• The Gaffer says:

Great question, Ryan. Maybe one of the other readers can answer it, but it’s easier for EA to incorporate Kinect voice recognition technology instead of building their own.

• Frill Artist says:

A headset isn’t the hardware that processes the voice. It is received on the Kinect and transcribed by either it or the Xbox. Not sure.

2. CTBlues says:

The Kinect is aweful.

3. Christian says:

I love the FIFA series but instead of working on glossy fixes they should dedicate themselves to working on wonky player AI and fixing the franchise mode. That said I’ll have my copy day one and spend way too much time playing FIFA again this year.

4. Si says:

Kinect is good for voice controls but there is a big problem I got sacked 4 times for swearing even tho I didn’t swear it was my 11 month old girl crying ! Now play with it off as it really dies annoy me!

5. Kane says:

I haven’t played kinect yet but I hope to do so in a few hours hope I will have a good experience

6. Simon says:

Can you use the voice kinnect feature on FIFA 13 on 2 player games..?

7. josh says:

i have a big problem with kinect, it doesnt understand when im trying to make a change during a game and i say striker. it understands defender, midfielder and pretty much everything else but not striker. any ideas why?