Tottenham Hotspur legend Ledley King today announced his retirement from football. The incredibly gifted defender with a long history of knee injuries has decided to hang up his boots and will now become a club ambassador.
There’s no doubting how skilled Ledley King was, and how much of an impact he had on the team. For a good glimpse at how influential of a player he was, read EPL Talk’s article Long Live The King: How Crucial Ledley King Is To Tottenham Hotspur.
Here are the Premier League news-related headlines for today:
- Ledley King retires after 14 years in Tottenham first team — The Guardian
- Luka Modric will not leave Tottenham for less than £35m says Andre Villas-Boas — The Daily Mail
- Gylfi Sigurdsson scores on debut as Tottenham beat Stevenage — The Guardian
- AmaZulu 0 Manchester United 1: match report — The Telegraph
- His five minute debut: Shinji Kagawa (Manchester United) v AmaZulu — 101 Great Goals
- Traveling roster for Stoke City FC announced in advance of Columbus visit — Columbus Crew FC
- Everton promises to play a friendly in Thailand next year — ToffeeWeb
- FOX Sports will air Liverpool TV documentary on FOX free-to-air network in US — FOX Soccer
- Spanish midfielder Michu is undergoing a medical at Swansea ahead of a move — Sky Sports
- Chelsea prevails 4-2 in friendly — Seattle Sounders
- Eden Hazard & Marko Marin start their Chelsea careers with goals v Seattle — 101 Great Goals
- Lucas Leiva to return early from injury to play in pre-season friendlies — The Independent