Liverpool and Aston Villa are jetting to North America today to launch their 2012 summer tours. The 25-man Aston Villa squad will arrive in Philadelphia, while Liverpool will arrive today before getting ready to begin their training sessions at Harvard University this week.
In the meantime, Glen Johnson had the chance to answer a trivia question from the LFC website team. In the above video, Johnson is tasked with naming 20 North American professional sports teams in 60 seconds. Quite embarrassingly, he manages to name zero Major League Soccer teams. Ouch!
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Liverpool FC and Everton FC slash Man United ticket allocations — Liverpool Echo
- Chelsea told to break the bank to sign Oscar from Internacional — The Guardian
- Robin van Persie returns to Arsenal today to hold talks with club — Sky Sports
- Lambert confident USA trip will help Aston Villa players fire up their fitness — Aston Villa FC
- Manchester United arrives in South Africa for summer tour — The Daily Mail
- Aberdeen have confirmed prize asset Fraser Fyvie is in talks with Wigan — Sky Sports
- Russia name Fabio Capello as new coach – but contract not signed yet — The Guardian
- Brad Guzan has re-signed for Aston Villa, after leaving the club at end of last season — Sky Sports
- Gary Neville on England: ‘Technique will come but it’s not an overnight fix’ — The Independent
- Ryan Giggs wants to be a manager after captaining Team GB — The Guardian
- Man United striker Dimitar Berbatov says he wants to leave the club this summer — BBC Sport