Chelsea Arrive In Seattle, Rio Opens His Big Mouth Again; And More EPL News Headlines
After a 10-hour flight from England, Chelsea arrived in Seattle yesterday afternoon. As you can see, Chelsea supporter @SeattleBluesCIA stood outside the hotel where the 25-man Chelsea squad was dropped off, and took several pictures with the team, including this brilliant one of Roberto Di Matteo (see above). Check his Twitter timeline for more candid photos.
In other news, Rio Ferdinand has opened his big mouth once again on Twitter, this time laughing at a racially insensitive joke calling Chelsea’s Ashley Cole a “choc ice” (i.e. black on the outside, white on the inside). Perhaps it’s time for the Manchester United defender to take up a new hobby instead of putting his foot in his mouth once again in the Twittersphere.
In the meantime, here are the latest Premier League news headlines from the past 24 hours:
- Chelsea touchdown in Seattle — Chelsea FC
- Rio Ferdinand claims ‘choc ice’ term is common slang, not racist — The Guardian
- Aston Villa come back to beat Burton through Brett Holman strike — The Daily Mail
- Anderlecht slip past Southampton 1-0 (Video) — 101 Great Goals
- Simon Church grabs hat-trick as Reading run riot at AFC Wimbledon — The Daily Mail
- Andre Villas-Boas has criticised former club Chelsea but says he is not out for revenge against them — BBC Sport
- Southend 0 West Ham 3: Sam Baldock run continues as Hammers smash Shrimpers — The Daily Mail
- My fears for football: Anton Ferdinand breaks his silence after racism row trial verdict — The Mirror
- Height Discrimination In Football: Are Referees Biased Against The Taller Lads? — Soccer By The Numbers
- Arsenal beat Southampton to lift Markus Liebherr Memorial Cup — The Daily Mail