As you read this, Chelsea is probably in mid-air on their way to Seattle to begin their 2012 US summer tour. The club is bringing a squad of 25 players.
The squad of 25 players on the plane are: Petr Cech, Ross Turnbull, Henrique Hilario, Jamal Blackman, Paulo Ferreira, Sam Hutchinson, Branislav Ivanovic, David Luiz, Gary Cahill, Michael Essien, John Mikel Obi, Josh McEachran, Ramires, Frank Lampard, Kevin De Bruyne, Marko Marin, Eden Hazard, Gael Kakuta, Yossi Benayoun, Romelu Lukaku, Todd Kane, Nathaniel Chalobah, George Saville, Lucas Piazon, and Patrick Bamford.
Ashley Cole, John Terry, Florent Malouda, Raul Meireles and Fernando Torres will join up during the course of the tour while Ryan Bertrand, Daniel Sturridge, Oriol Romeu and Juan Mata will instead prepare for and compete in the Olympics.
Chelsea kicks off their summer tour on Wednesday when they play Seattle Sounders. The game will be shown live on TV for viewers in the United States.
Here’s the complete schedule of Premier League teams playing in the United States this month, as well as the TV schedule. Tickets are still available for many of the matches, so hurry while supplies last.
And here are the latest Premier League news headlines today:
- Chelsea fly to America with squad of 25 — Chelsea FC
- John Terry may face FA charges after being found not guilty in court — The Guardian
- EPL Players at London 2012 Olympics — The Best Eleven
- What’s it like to be a black player today? Interview with Sol Campbell — The Guardian
- Tottenham have invited Australian goalkeeper Mathew Ryan to spend a one-week trial at the club — Sky Sports
- Fabio Capello has landed Russia job, claims Andrey Arshavin — The Guardian
- Liverpool’s Maxi Rodriguez has joined Newell’s Old Boys in Argentina — Liverpool FC
- Arsenal’s most expensive Premier League ticket for 2012-13 to cost £126 — The Guardian