SAT, 8:45AM ET
HUL
SOU
SAT, 11AM ET
STO
WHU

Manchester City Home Shirt for 2012-13 Season [PHOTO]

manchester city home shirt Manchester City Home Shirt for 2012 13 Season [PHOTO]

Manchester City’s new kit looks like it picked up what Everton’s kit lost.

Gone is the V neck white collar to be replaced by a black one. However, it does not lose the sky blue color that sets them apart from their red neighbors.

Umbro has created a kit that is very simplistic in design and it’s similar in design to the kits produced by Le Coq Sportif between 2001 and 2002 with the only difference in that the blue was a bit darker.

Also, this is the last year that Umbro will make Manchester City’s kits as the rights will go to Nike in 2013.

The only thing that does stand out however is that the crest is also black and white without any hint of gold and blue that has featured as the colors of the crest for the past decade and then some.

Order Manchester City’s new home shirt today, and the new Manchester City away shirt too.

Is Umbro going out with a bang or a whimper?

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, Manchester City. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Manchester City Home Shirt for 2012-13 Season [PHOTO]

1. evan says:

It seems fans are divided on this one. Some love it, others not so much.
    Personally I think it’s brilliant and will sorely miss Umbro next season.

2. Alex Wolcott says:

Well of course I’m getting one.

This has grown on me since the first leaked photos a couple months ago.

3. Mufc77 says:

Why does city always have one of the gallager brothers in pics of new kits?

• Why? says:

You must mean why are the Gallagher Brothers seen in City kits? As this is to my knowledge the first time ever on a actual launch. I would have thought the answer to be pretty obvious, they are both massive city fans!

4. reidscott says:

Perfect…

5. Nooblior says:

Love both kits especially the away strip… lovely

6. phill6143 says:

Nice kit and a decent swan-song from Umbro. Judging from the evidence of some of the new offerings from Nike this season , they will need to raise their game when they produce City’s first kit next year. The blue is spot on and is the same as the tradional Umbro kits from the 70′s. The black colar and badge relate to City’s heritage of St Marks in Gorton when they were first formed. They wore a black kit with a large white cross on the front. The 3rd kit will be a direct representation of the St Marks kit – all black, with a large white cross over the shoulder – now that one is a real stunner….

• Why? says:

I have seen a pic of that black kit, I hope ur right and it does turn out to be the third kit as it’s stunning! But I thought it was just a design drawing been thrown about and was under the impression that last years navy blue would still be this years third kit.

7. Jason says:

I think they are gonig back to white shorts though which is my negative. I like all blue from top to bottom.

8. Brad Craig says:

I miss the gold on the crest, but at least it’s still there on the away kit. All in all, a great job once again by Umbro.

9. Frill Artist says:

The v-neck is nice but the collar should have been white or something.