The lead story this morning was going to be that West Ham United is interested in a loan deal for Andy Carroll, but West Ham co-owner David Gold has denied that the club has made any contact. Oh well, that would have been a great story!
Breaking news — Now, The Guardian is reporting that West Ham co-owner David Gold has admitted possible interest in signing Andy Carroll on a loan deal. Possible? Could he be more committed?
Here are the Premier League news stories of the day:
- Chelsea close to signing Brazil’s Oscar in £25m transfer deal — The Guardian
- Manchester City have gained the edge over United, having sold 36,000 season tickets in record time — Manchester Evening News
- Everton Football Club have signed a new $2.6 million deal with StubHub — SportsPro
- Southampton deal for Alexander Buttner falls through due to mystery third party — The Daily Mail
- Andy Carroll opposes loan move and is ready to fight for his place — The Telegraph
- Rafael van der Vaart may head back to Hamburg after Schalke rejection — The Guardian
- Leeds United signs QPR goalkeeper Paddy Kenny on a 3-year deal — Sky Sports