THURS, 1PM ET
ZUR1
THURS, 3PM ET
MON5
APO0

Arsenal Away Shirt for 2012-13 Season: Purple Reign [PHOTO]

replica kit Arsenal Away Shirt for 2012 13 Season: Purple Reign [PHOTO]

Arsenal has unveiled their new away shirt for the 2012-13 season. And it’s purple.

There are so many ways I could make fun of Arsenal’s new away kit for next season, but I won’t. Reason being is that Nike and Arsenal have balls to bring out a purple shirt, and to be honest with you, I love the new design. It’s fresh, bold and something new that you’d never expect to see, especially at a club like Arsenal that is renowned for being so conservative.

Arsenal’s new away kit features purple and black hoops. Purple was chosen because of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee year, and purple — of course — is a regal color.

According to the club website, “The purple design gives the kit a regal flavour in this Diamond Jubilee year for a side that was known as ‘Royal Arsenal’ in the 1890s, having been formed at the Arsenal munitions factory in Woolwich, South London. The red trim on the shirt cuffs compliments the purple body, while the differing hoop patterns on the shirt provide a modern twist. The inner back neck graphic, meanwhile, takes the form of the Club’s motto, ‘Victoria Concordia Crescit’, the Latin for ‘Victory Through Harmony’, while the outer back neck graphic pays tribute to legendary manager Herbert Chapman’s innovative WM formation. The purple and black hooped socks, bearing one red stripe each, pay tribute to Chapman’s legacy and his introduction of hooped socks to make it easier for players to pick each other out on the pitch.”

Arsenal Away Shirt for 2012 13 Season: Purple Reign [PHOTO]

Meanwhile, the back of the shirt features a unique ‘AFC’ detail (see photo below, for a close-up).

Arsenal Away Shirt for 2012 13 Season: Purple Reign [PHOTO]

Lastly, Arsenal have revealed their new away kit with the help of chart-topping pop duo, Rizzle Kicks. Watch the video below to see the shirt in more detail, as well as the band performing a track from their album Stereo Typical, ‘Demolition Man’.

What’s your opinion about Arsenal’s new away shirt for the 2012-13 season? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.

This entry was posted in Arsenal, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Arsenal Away Shirt for 2012-13 Season: Purple Reign [PHOTO]

1. Matt says:

bahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah!

2. CTBlues says:

Woof

3. dust says:

LOL..HAHAHA…seriously? LOL…. is this what happened?

Nike football jersey Designer: I have no Idea what to do for this damn arsenal kit dave, I’m stuck, they are a joke and are about to loose the only player that is worth anything.

Dave: Have you a color that mirrors what they will be like without their best player?

Nike football jersey Designer: like what?

Dave: Well what about brown?

Nike football jersey Designer: what about light brown at the top and dark brown at the bottom.

Dave: Like a solid color meeting another solid color? ….that won’t work try a gradient between the 2.

Nike football jersey Designer: Sure sounds good, I’ll do it and show the boss.

Some time later…..

Nike football jersey Designer: Hey boss i have the new mock up’s for the new arsenal jersey…what do you think.

Boss: you want a team Called “arsenal” to have a light brown gradient to a darker brown gradient..really?

Nike football jersey Designer: It makes sense, c’mon they will love it, I was just trying to emulate what they will be like after RVD goes, I’ve really been struggling with this.

Boss: I have an idea, just use a kit from our catalogue. and tweak it then come back.

Some time later….

Nike football jersey Designer:I have it look at this!

He holds up his “Tweeked Catalogue Shirt” it’s the previous away kit for Man Utd with thinner hoops.

Boss: I thought I told you to change that piece of $%&#

4. np says:

Have Arsenal told nike they are not renewing their contract or something? Is this Nike’s way of saying eff off then? I can’t believe our terrible shirts this season. Well, i guess I wont be buying either the home or away shirt this season.
    This shirt looks like the crappy shirts that get placed on the clearance/80% off rack at stores b/c nobody buys them

5. DON'T LIKE says:

This jersey so ugly… i think.
    Maybe Arsenal must thinking back to wear this jersey for next season… couse this jersey look’s like Manchester United Away jersey…

6. Jack Tomczuk says:

Purple haze all in my brain
    Latley things just don’t seem the same
    Looks funny, and I sure know why
    Excuse me, while I decide not to buy.

7. Tom says:

Lol @ all you numpty haters. Looks brilliant.

8. Cord4gooner says:

I actually like it…. Laugh all you want. Gunners will win many matches in this kit, can’t wait.

9. goonerafc says:

Home shirt was brilliant. Good to see the navy blue back in the home strip as proper. Though it should have been navy blue socks.

This, is just ridiculous. Stick to yellow tops, blue shorts and yellow socks. Can’t go wrong with that, and its been too long since we’ve seen it.

10. zaxgremoh says:

I think the away looks great, it brings somthin new to the emirate stadium…best away kit so far!!! Big ups to nike and arsenal for this new appearance….up man utd!!!

11. Detee says:

I LOOVE DIS ASAP……Dis is bold & fresh

12. Gooner gramps says:

Great kit. Nice to see something different. The history and tradition of the club has gone into the design which makes it even better. We are lucky to be able to support such a great club………………. UP THE ARSE

13. harry cee says:

I can’t laugh…my Baltimore Ravens colors are Purple and Black..so ummmm….

14. brn442 says:

Not a bad away shirt. Love the smaller hoops on the sleeves. Will the Queen approve?

15. jtm371 says:

i love you you love me.i did not know Barney was a kit designer.

16. Brad Craig says:

Hideous! Will only work if they sign Beetlejuice.

17. Alex Wolcott says:

Ordinarily I would make fun of it. But then I think about what sort of atrocities they are going to inflict upon the Citizens in a year and thus the only thing I can do is express sympathy to the Gooners for both of their terrible kits.

Hey, if any of you are interested in the aesthetics of sports uniforms in general there a great website devoted to this topic (uniwatch.com). Phil and Paul over there pretty much rip Nike nonstop all year round for some of the hideous crap they regularly inflict upon NCAA teams. Uniwatch generally focuses on American baseball and football but has been pleasantly surprising me with some soccer features of late.

18. beck says:

i reckon this shirt is sick and they will look and play well in it.

19. Timi says:

Luv dis creative piece. Proud Gooner any day!

20. Jakson says:

keep fighting and keep going and do not continue to rise. no new CLOTHES again