So let the transfer rumors begin. Now that Robin van Persie has handed his Arsenal card in, the race is on to see who will secure the signature of one of the top strikers in the world.
Just when you thought that the Premier League news cycle would go into a slumber for two weeks until the preseason friendlies begin, the league that never sleeps returns with the RVP transfer race. Expect newspapers and media outlets to be all over this story from now through the end of August.
Here are the top Premier League news stories for today:
- Manchester United set to join race for Robin van Persie — Manchester Evening News
- Usmanov rails at Arsenal board over handling of Van Persie — The Guardian
- Man City’s Greg Cunningham has moved to Bristol City on a permanent contract — Manchester City FC
- Swansea manager Michael Laudrup adds Kristian O’Leary to backroom staff — The Independent
- Glazers’ plans to float Manchester United make the heart sink — The Guardian
- Bradford City has signed former Liverpool defender Stephen Darby — Sky Sports
- Floor plans of Wembley Stadium mapped out by Google — FC Business
- Robin van Persie ran out of patience – Arsenal fans know how he feels — The Guardian