SUN, 8:30AM ET
EVE
CRY
SUN, 3PM ET
LEV
BAR

PES 2013: More Impressive Gameplay Videos; Better Than FIFA 13? [VIDEO]

There’s no doubt about it. The new gameplay videos and enhancements to PES 2013 are impressive. They’re turning heads, getting people to mutter (under their breaths) that perhaps PES 2013 may be better than FIFA 13 this year. It’s too early to tell, but the early indications are that PES 2013 will give FIFA 13 a run for its money.

In this latest video from Konami, we learn more about how Full Manual Shooting and Full Manual Passing work, as well as how to do Deft Touch Dribbling, and to learn more about the additions to PES’s FullControl feature.

What are your thoughts about what you’ve seen so far in PES 2013? Other than the licensing issues, can PES 2013 compete against FIFA 13? Tell us what you think in the comments section below.

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, PES. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to PES 2013: More Impressive Gameplay Videos; Better Than FIFA 13? [VIDEO]

1. Dean Stell says:

Honestly, PES can’t compete for me. I like the licensing aspect of the series and pretty much only play in the manager mode. I kinda roll my eyes at all these fabulous dribbling enhancements and passing enhancements and skill moves because I can’t really do any of those things well. By that I mean….I didn’t master the fancy bits in last year’s game…..

I really just enjoy managing a 4th tier club from England, guiding them to an EPL league title and then bouncing around the world until the next FIFA game comes out.

2. Nick says:

I miss the old PES because it was FUN to play. I have Fifa 12 and although its incredibly realistic it’s very boring and frustrating. I love scoring a cracker in the top corner from range and sprinting past people its what games are about…..fun

3. Steve says:

Whilst the vids do look far more impressive and enticing than the previous attempts to lure us in, I still find myself questioning Konami’s development in the area of player movement.

For years PES has been tagged as the game with players that demonstrate an unnatural robotic-like movement.

I can not understand why this one simple yet astronomical aspect of the game is not yet implemented.

Forget the whole Fifa v PES rant, because Barr the licensing feature, PES is a much better overall game. However, I continue to purchase FIFA simply because of the fluent gameplay.

It’s a massive shame really, because the amount of thought and depth involved in PES, definitely warrants top quality gameplay.

The only great thing so far about PES13 seems to be the full manual controls, which imho is the way the game ought to be full stop.

• danski says:

That is what I’ve been saying for years. In PES it’s like the players’ spines have been fused and they run in this ridiculous ‘there is something up my —’ motion. Very robotic, very off-putting.

4. Charlie says:

For me pes has always been better, the graphics are far more dominant and new features in fifa are old features in pes, which proves how fifa copy pes. Pes 13 won sports game of the year at e3 as well

5. Firas Dahche says:

I have always been a PES fan , but after the 2012 edition , i decide to switch to FIFA ! lets tell the truth , FIFA is much better than PES ! I was waiting for the official outfits of alot of national teams and clubs from 2011 edition , but it seems there is no hope !For example , I was playing with Brazil and what i just feel that i am playing with Nigeria because of the same outfit ! Just tell me , from when brazil plays with a green top outfit ! Plus , PES is soo simple and easy , for example , you are passing the ball from the goal kick , within few seconds , you will have reached to the other side and maybe scored a goal , but FIFA is not easy , u need to be really a good player in order to reach to the other side of the pitch ! The gameplay in Fifa is much realistic and more fun ! In addition to , dont forget about the amazing tricks and moves in FIFA which are not present in PES ! PES tricks are childish and boring ! Lets speak about a mode in PES called as ” Become a Boss ” ! This is the most silly mode i have ever tried it ! Imagine that the game is playing by itself ! you are not doing anything except wasting your time waiting for the matches to be over ! And about the ” Master League ” , In my opinion , I think that the Master League in 2008 and 2009 edition were much better and more fun ! 2011 and 2012 is very boring and I am sure 2013 Mater League will be the same ! Lets speak about shooting in PES , Imagine , when i rech the goal , I order my player to shoot the ball to right side , but what is going that the ball will go to the left side . More over , You can’t shoot up or down , it is always down ! So the result is , when u reach the goal , just press ( square ) and the ball will go where ever it wants ! But in FIFA , you can exactly shoot the ball where ever you want , up down or right left , middle down or middle up , middle to the right or middle to the left ! Even that you cant shoot from far away ! Knowing that in PES 2011 , Shooting was great and you could from far away . You can shoot to either sides , the right or the left , up or down , or just simply in the middle ! Lets speak about the online facilities , PES online is a crap ! It’s very crappy , bad and slow ! You can’t enjoy an online gaming in PES ! Where as on FIFA , it has one of the best online servers that never stuck or make you feel taht is is slow ! You will playing online with the same exactly speed you play with in the offline mode ! Plus , the online gaming on FIFA is more fun than that in PES , there are leagues , cups , etc ! In conclusion , We can result that FIFA is much better that PES without forgetting that i was a PES fanboy !

6. tucode says:

Nice talk Firah. I grew up with pes, infact I loved pes and criticized fifa until I played the 2012 version of both. Pes2012 should be the most badly done game of 2012. It is as boring and tiring as hell. I expected upgrades from the manager mode of 2010 and 2011 only for me to see a downgrade instead. The game play is awful, the graphics is a joke, needless to talk about its licensing issues. Pes have stayed long enough to have been able to put together reasonable improvements. But it seems its only getting even worse. I won’t be surprised if 2013 is worse off than 2012. For now, I am simply in love with Fifa and patiently waiting for its release date to amplify my fun mode. I really think pes should go back to pes2009 and make some improvements on that because frankly, that has been the best pes I have and may ever play.

7. e says:

I can’t wait to play pes 2013 if only they will have Ronalinho.

8. Ex-Fifa Ex-PES says:

from FIFA 19xx to PES 200x now back to FIFA 2012

The reasons that made me leave the old FIFA in 19xx-200x:
    1. Scripted like hell, no freedom
    2. Unrealistic game play vs CPU
    3. Unrealistic game play vs HUMAN
    4. No updates or enhancements year after year as EA sports was taking us for granted
    5. Unrealistic stats

The reasons that made me play PES 2005
    1. Nice feel of the ball, although game was relatively easy but it was fun
    2. Passing and shooting were fun
    3. Even though game was not so realistic but it was fun to play as part of it was real
    4. I liked KONAMI because they offered us a new option and I was happy to dump EA sports

The reasons that made me leave PES 2012:
    1. Scripted like shit, no freedom
    2. Unrealistic game play vs CPU
    3. Unrealistic game play vs HUMAN
    4. No updates or enhancements year after year, instead we are going backwards
    5. Unrealistic stats, possession means nothing. Goals are silly and strange

The reasons that made me like FIFA 2012:
    1. Stats are more or less realistic
    2. Although there are still big gaps in the game vs CPU, but overall it is much better than PES
    3. The feel of the ball is nice, shooting is nice although there are still improvements areas
    4. I expect the first touch feature coming in FIFA 2013 to make the game more realistic as half the soccer experience is a “first pass or first touch” feel and reaction which will make it harder to master on attack and easier to defend
    5. I would like to have the “player selection” in FIFA to be done like in PES with the right analog stick to move to whatever player I want

I played the demo for PES 2013, and so far I still pretty much prefer FIFA 2012 over PES 2013. The game is more responsive, more real and more fun in FIFA 2012. This opinion is coming from a EX-KONAMI fan who hated FIFA and EA sports for taking us for granted for over 10 years but now, welcome back to the competition I surely prefer FIFA 2013!!

• Lucifer_666 says:

Hi there “Ex-Fifa Ex-PES”
      I think I’m kind of now where you were last year as I’m seriously thinking of moving to FIFA. I’ve been a fan of PES for years now but feel yearly that we are getting the same thing or worse…its really frustrating. One of the biggest things for me was the Master League which I would spend alot of my time on but the last two years or so I’m finding it hard to keep an interest with it…its gotten old and they seem to either not particularly want to or are unable to improve it. I would like to ask you though as you are someone who has taken the plunge already, how you found the transtion over to FIFA?…was it hard to get used to? Is the Manager mode in FIFA very different from the Master League?
      I’m at a stage now where I’m hanging on to the hope that Konami are going to pull something out of their bag and reveal a load of new features for maybe the ML that may entice me but its not looking likely unfortunately

9. sam says:

Just Fifa Soccer 13

10. danski says:

I’m not a fan boy.. I will play whichever game is better. PES had a good run a few years ago but that was on another platform. For me PES could be considered to be a bit like Liverpool FC… It is really riding on the nostalgia of past glory but is currently nowhere near the force it claims to be.

11. Dal says:

I’ve been playing Konami since Super Star Soccer back on the Super Nintendo. Yes, I am as old as GOD.

I have purchased and owned a number of FIFA games, mainly on the GameCube and PS2. However, since the 3rd Gen consoles rolled out, I’ve found that PES has dominated my time within football gaming. I currenltly play PES12 and I am looking forward to the new release, but as so many of my friends play FIFA, I am always tempted to buy it for online gaming. But, never do. Why? Reason being, FIFA is a half-a55ed version of PES that relies on its monopoly on player names to win fans over, not gameplay. And that, is always, and has always been the case.
    Disagree? Look above, look how many people have posted about the kits not being right, the names being wrong and it effecting the game. It does not. I am quite willing to pretend or ‘play’ as some say, COD or FallOut and ‘play’ that I am blowing people apart and fighting SuperMutants, but I am not. If I want realism in a football game, there is ONLY PC favourite Football Manager (which is so real its scary) … and other than that, PES for a more ‘real’ feel of movement on the ball and flow of a game. Every single version (incl 2012) of FIFA that I have played I find that I can dribble from KO and score. The ball ‘sticks’ to easily and a certain shot at a certain angle from a certain position means that even on the most challenging levels, the game will allow you the same goal 4 times in 1 game, meaning I can beat anyone. PES on the other hand is a lot more fluent and random, as well as being challenging to shoot and score.

As a lower league fan (SOUTHEND UTD, COME ON!) … I am always gutted that I miss playing as my Essex favourites, but, I do remind myself at least I’m enjoying the football, the game, not just systimatically ploughing through season after season with no joy just for the benefit of a ‘real’ name.

I’m not saying all FIFA fans are morons btw. I don’t need to.

12. Dal says:

Besides, Lords of Football may be the refreshing break from all the above for the next year? Who knows yet…!

13. malik says:

Really I am confused i don’t know which one to choose between FIFA 13 AND PES 13. Thumbs up for fifa and thumbs down for pes. People please I need to choose one and right now I am not voting for either

14. fifa e o melhor, dedos para cima

15. Jeroen says:

I am sorry, but i find PES 13 a very boring game.
    I was a PES fan for years until PES 2008, then i tried FIFA because it was so damn cheap and i had so much fun with it.
    Since then PES only got worse, every year i try PES in the hopes that they have made it like it used to be and it never happened.
    I do still think PES 5 is the best football game ever made, it was so fun that nothing can beat it.