MON, 3PM ET
SHA0
ATH1
TUES, 2:45PM ET
PSG3
AJA1

Swansea City Announces 2012 US Summer Tour With Games in Colorado and San Jose

swansea city us summer tour 600x338 Swansea City Announces 2012 US Summer Tour With Games in Colorado and San Jose

Swansea City today announced that it will be the sixth Premier League team to play in the United States on a pre-season tour this summer, with friendlies scheduled against Colorado Rapids and San Jose Earthquakes. Swansea City will announce a third date to their US tour shortly.

Swansea’s first match of their US summer tour will be against Colorado Rapids on Tuesday, July 24 at 7pm MT at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City, Colorado.

Tickets to the match will go on sale to the public at www.ColoradoRapids.com or 303-825-GOAL starting Saturday, May 26 at 10:00 a.m. MT. A special presale will be available for Season Ticket Holders, with their usual seats available at MLS regular season pricing, from Tuesday, May 16 through Friday, May 25. General tickets for the friendly match start at $22, with tickets for a special two-pack with the September 5 match against the Portland Timbers starting from $40.

Swansea’s second match of their US summer tour will be scheduled for the weekend of July 27-29, 2012.

The Welsh team’s third match of the tour will be against San Jose Earthquakes on Tuesday, July 31. That match will be at Buck Shaw Stadium with a 7.30pm PT kick-off time.

Individual tickets for the San Jose leg of Swansea City’s trip go on sale to the general public on Friday, May 18 at 10 a.m. PT and can be purchased by visiting www.sjearthquakes.com or by calling Tickets.com at (800) 225-2277. Season ticket holders should use their Bonus Game “A” ticket for the match. Season ticket holders will also be able to purchase additional individual and group tickets starting on Monday, May 14 at 10 a.m. until the public on-sale date by calling their fan relations specialist. Additionally, subscribers to the club’s newsletter will have a special pre-sale offer delivered to their inbox on Wednesday, May 16. Prices for individual tickets range from $20 to $53.

Swansea City is the sixth Premier League team that has announced friendly matches to be played in the United States this summer. The other five are Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa and Stoke City.

The US summer tour by the Swans will be a 10-day visit. The Swans will fly to Denver on Sunday, July 22.

“We’ve been working on these exhibition games for a few months now and I’m happy that all agreements have been signed away this week,” said event organizer PSC’s CEO Mark Taylor. “I’m sure it the tour will be a fantastic way for Brendan Rodgers and his players to prepare for the Premier League season, and in Colorado and California, it’s a great part of the world that the team will be travelling to!”

Personally, I’m over the moon regarding the news. As far as I know, this is the first time in Swansea’s history that they’ve toured the United States. The club usually plays friendly matches in Holland and sometimes Austria, so to see them come to the States is a massive notch in their history. As anyone who has watched them season can attest to, the Swans will definitely be value for money for people wanting to watch a great game this summer near Denver and San Jose.

If you’re planning on going to any of these two matches, let me know in the comments section below. I’ll be there with my Swansea City shirt on, for sure.

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, Swansea City. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Swansea City Announces 2012 US Summer Tour With Games in Colorado and San Jose

1. Brett says:

I’ll be at the game in Denver for sure. Any chance to watch any EPL team is great for me and my family!

• Gareth says:

I was just in Swansea at the liberty Can’t wait…for san jose
      you will have to cahnge this website name ELS??? Swansea is in Wales , they are welsh not English
      CAN’T CALL IT ENGLISH ANYMORE.he hee

2. Cody says:

Gaffer, any chance you will be putting together a schedule of all the EPL teams doing friendlies in the states? Something similar to the TV schedule??

• The Gaffer says:

I’m planning on it. Thanks for the reminder. Just been running out of time recently. So much going on! :)

3. Clampdown says:

Gaffer road trip!

• The Gaffer says:

It’s a long drive from West Palm Beach, but I’ll definitely fly!

Hope that lots of other readers in the area will go see the games too even if the Swans may not be their number one team.

4. harry cee says:

darn and all we get are 2 crummy games within 40 miles of each other on the same day (plotting to go to both!!)

5. SpHSpH says:

I hope they come to Philly!

6. Jon says:

Christmas in July for The Gaffer.

• The Gaffer says:

Absolutely! In fact, it’s a something that I would have never dreamed of, being able to see my Swans in the US of A. Tears of joy today.

I’m definitely a very happy Welshman (and American) today.

7. sam says:

Consider yourselves lucky. I live in Bristol 80 miles away and have followed the Swans for almost 50 years and cant get a ticket to see them play in UK

8. Schmidty says:

I’ll def be at the game in Denver.

9. jtm371 says:

congrats on your Swans coming to the USA great news for you but you still have to get back and see them play at home in the EPL.they knew you had to much business this year so they decided to stay up.have a great time this summer and enjoy the matches.

10. anson67 says:

I’m a SJ Earthquake season ticket holder and already have a ticket to the July 31 fixture. Looking forward to it! Congrats to the Swans for a good season in the top flight.

• The Gaffer says:

How many season ticket holders does San Jose have? Just wondering what size crowd we can expect if most of the season ticket holders go, at a minimum.

• anson67 says:

Hi, Gaffer, I don’t know the answer to that but I can certainly find out. I have to say that the turnout for the West Brom visit last year was a bit underwhelming, well under 10K, and many were late and missed the early goal scored by the Earthquakes backup keeper! Buck Shaw Stadium isn’t large, so a full house doesn’t really top 11K anyways. We certainly had that though when Spurs visited two years ago.

11. dust says:

Buckshaw is small, very small actually,10,000 at most. it reminds me of stevenage’s ground but looks smaller.

But thankfully its only temporary until the new stadium is built that should hold 18,000 i think.

12. way11 says:

Any new details on the game being held the weekend of July 27-29, 2012? I’m in Ohio, would like to see one of the games, hoping the weekend one will be somewhere closer than Denver-Chicago maybe?

• The Gaffer says:

No word yet. I’m keeping a close eye on this one because I need to make travel plans depending on where that match is. My guess is that it’s more likely to be on the west coast or Salt Lake City. But I haven’t had time to look at the MLS schedules to see who has a space in their schedule for Saturday July 28-Sunday July 29.

13. way11 says:

Gaffer-I checked, looks like the only team not playing that weekend is DC United. Real Salt Lake plays on Friday night at home.

• The Gaffer says:

Thanks for checking! But it looks like DC United will play Juventus on July 28, so maybe the Swans will play against a USL or NASL side instead.

14. bill says:

I wish they would come to Vancouver we sell out all the games 35,000 and Beckham here tonight I was a Swn=ans season ticket holder before comin here in 1973 and watch all their games on TV