THURS, 1PM ET
VIL2
MON2
THURS, 3PM ET
CEL1
SAL3

Liverpool Home Shirt for 2012-13 Season From Warrior Sports [PHOTOS]

liverpool home shirt 2012 13 Liverpool Home Shirt for 2012 13 Season From Warrior Sports [PHOTOS]

Liverpool’s home shirt for the 2012-13 season has been officially unveiled by the club.

One of the most highly anticipated new soccer shirts has now been revealed. Highly anticipated because it’s from Warrior Sports, who took over the design and manufacturing of Liverpool’s kits from Adidas.

As you can see from the pictures above and below, Liverpool features a new crest — a retro one that is simpler and more distinguished, in my opinion. The color scheme on the shirt is simple — all red with gold color for the crest, sponsor name and Warrior Sports logo.

liverpool home shirt back Liverpool Home Shirt for 2012 13 Season From Warrior Sports [PHOTOS]

The back of the shirt features the eternal Hillsborough flames near the top of the shirt. The shorts, meanwhile, are red as are the socks. It’s a complete red kit, and looks very professional. The new Liverpool home shirt will officially be available on June 1, 2012.

What’s your opinion about the new design of the Liverpool home shirt? Personally, I love it. It’s simple and elegant bringing back memories of classic Liverpool sides from the late 70s. This is class through and through. What do you think? Share your opinions in the comments section below.

liverpool kit steven gerrard Liverpool Home Shirt for 2012 13 Season From Warrior Sports [PHOTOS]

“It’s retro, it’s comfortable, it’s good on the eye and the yellow is back which, of course, is the natural colour of the Liverbird,” said Steven Gerrard, talking about the new Liverpool home kit.

craig bellamy shirt liverpool Liverpool Home Shirt for 2012 13 Season From Warrior Sports [PHOTOS]

“It reminds me of the Liverpool kits from the seventies and early eighties and I’m going to be very fortunate to wear it,” said Craig Bellamy.

“It’s a throwback to the earlier years when I was growing up watching Liverpool.”

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, Liverpool. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Liverpool Home Shirt for 2012-13 Season From Warrior Sports [PHOTOS]

1. joe m says:

Fantastic. What doesn’t show up in the publicity shots (unless it’s the dark ones with the players wearing them) is the subtle pinstripe of the fabric on the main kit. Really really nice.

2. daS says:

looks good, but couldve been white instead of yellow. and some piping or trimming couldnt hurt

3. Paul says:

Already got mine ordered for delivery on release day!

4. Marcus says:

I love it. So classy looking

5. andy says:

Simple, classy, and clean. Well done, although i would like to see some more done with the two flames on the back. Feel like they are sort of an afterthought.

6. Phillip says:

I personally am a little disappointed with the design. If you’ve seen in the history of the liverpool jerseys. the colour white has appeared. I think you need that to break up the kit abit. it looks plain. I’m really not liking the collar either. But regardless, if we start winning games it doesn’t matter what kit we wear.

7. Marty says:

Fantasic Kit

Great first impression from Warrior Sports

8. BT says:

Generally like Adidas stripes, but our last kit with Adidas looked too busy and clunky. This appears to fit better and is a definite upgrade in appearance in my opinion. Plus, I like the return of yellow, a collar, and the Liverbird — “distinguished” is the right word. Classic retro look — this is a keeper. Nice job Warrior.

9. CTBlues says:

I just see McDonald’s when I see that kit.

10. It’s closer to something Umbro would produce than Adidas. I like the look of the fabric – I thought the diamond fabric on the last several Adidas kits was looking dated.

11. Mr Bean says:

As an Arsenal fan you won’t care what I say but, It’s a modern classic. The crest is 100 times better. However you’re main problem are the men wearing the kits. ooooooh controversial. Oach it hurts because it’s true, and there’s nothing you can do.

12. Dhanny Bhoy says:

You’re right, such a terrible team that got to two cup finals this year and actually have silverware from the present decade.

13. Alex Wolcott says:

Very classy. Like this a lot. And memo to Nike – this is how it is done. Now back to the drawing board with you on that hackery you performed with Arsenal.

14. Just says:

awesome, pre-order complete. i love the crest and the flames on the back, gold makes it stand out from other clubs with red. (polo look reminds me of the england world cup, which i also purchased) now lets win some trophy’s and make this a instant classic kit

15. Awilkes8 says:

I think it’s right on the edge of being too plain. The barely distinguishable pinstripes are enough for me, but I wouldn’t have complained if they were thin white pinstripes or if the sleeves had a gold cuff. I love that the gold is back and have mixed feelings on the crest. It looks classic and retro, but I always liked seeing the flames, gates and YNWA on there either. I wonder if Adidas had the crest copyrighted and therefor it had to be altered.

16. RBP says:

All bias aside (though none of you will believe me, understandably so) the shirt looks okay until I see the whole kit on a player and then the fabric just looks cheap.

17. Don says:

I really like the new kit. Well done Warrior! I particularly like the slightly looser fit of the shirt more than the current skin tight one making the players look as though they’ve been poured into them – always looked uncomfortable. Love the plain-ness of it – in fact, love everything about it. And of course, our boys look hot in them as well…

18. StellaWasAlwaysDown says:

Wonderful kit from Warrior. Not too familiar with Warrior, but great job! LFC will look classy in these. I can only hope Macron can come close to a clean, respectable design like this for my Villans.

19. Ryan says:

I don’t HATE it, but -

- Does the fit look a little loose to anyone else? In the pant and chest?
    - I dislike the flames being taken off the crest.
    - Personally, not a fan of collars on soocer kits.

I do like -

- The color scheme
    - The pinstripe
    - The socks and shorts

That being said, they could be pink with purple lettering…if we win in them I don’t care.

20. Fernando says:

Bringing back the retro crest is the best part of the shirt.

21. Nobby says:

So plain and simple. Almost amateurish… Looks like something a League 1 or 2 team with no financing might wear. Sorry.

22. Dave says:

A perfect shirt 1st time out from Warrior … I like the fact that it`s a classic look with no belts n braces … All the talk about colours and collars no matter what they did it could`nt be everyones taste … Now all we need to do is start winning more games in it … Good job Warrior Sports … Come on you REDS … YNWA

23. Julie says:

I hate it. What have they done to the crest? Why ‘LFC”? Are they ashamed of their name, the club anthem, the Shankly Gates, the flames? Just becasue this image has been used in the past doesn’t mean it’s right to bring it back. Also I don’t like the collar, It’s just wrong. This is not Liverpool FC to me.

24. liam pethard says:

i do not like the goalkeeper