Powered by
JUL 12 4PM ET
bra0
ned3
JUL 13 3PM ET
arg0
ger1

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, Stoke City. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Stoke City Home and Away Shirts for 2012-13 Season: Away Kit Looks Like Barcelona [PHOTOS]

1. Clampdown says:

I was thinking more Crystal Palace than Barcelona.

2. Jean says:

A little PSG ripoff I see there, and since when Bet365 became a sponsor for Stoke??

3. March says:

I was thinking FC Basel.

4. Bishopville Red says:

I’m with Clampdown. Definitely Palace.

5. Fernando says:

Nothing flashy but solid shirts even as the away kit could double for Palace.

6. somervillain says:

Solid, classy kits from adidas. Just a shame about the sponsor. No better way to diminish a nice kit than with a betting site logo.

• The Gaffer says:

Perhaps, but the man who is the chairman of Stoke is also the chairman of Bet365. And it’s his money from the betting site that is helping to fund Stoke City (and their recent big transfers).

7. Alex Wolcott says:

Not too shabby there – to the extent that you can make a betting site logo look vaguely respectable it seems they have done this.

8. IanCransonsKnees says:

Bet 365 supposedly won the bidding process to gain the shirt sponsorship deal, what the competition was like I’m unsure. They’re the world’s biggest online gaming company and are a large local employer, they make massive leaps in turnover every year. It’s nice to see local companies in Britannia and Bet 365 promoted globally anyway.

The colours of the away strip are based on those used when we first formed, I assume it’s to do with commemerating our 150th year in existence which falls next season. I assume there’ll be a few celebrations but nothing has been mentioned yet.

We’re the second oldest club in the world and the oldest top flight club, we’ve still won bugger all! At least we cannot be accused of glory hunting. I’ve never known us use those colours in my lifetime so I assume that’s the link. I just hope it’s better quality than the dross Adidas have served up for the past two years, their range has been disappointing to say the least.

I have to say I’m not one for replica strips and haven’t bought one for well over a decade, the ‘Barca’ strip might make me change that habit. For one I’ll get it signed by the players who play in whatever testimonial type anniversary fixture we play and get it framed, it’d be a nice heirloom from that POV. I doubt it’ll happen but it’d be a buzz to get the type of friendly opponents that Stanley Matthews attracted in his retirement match.

In summary better than I expected, but I’ll wait to see it in the flesh.

9. Harry says:

The ‘bet 365′ sponsorship makes the kit look terribly cheap, it’s too short compared to the ‘Britannia’. The home kit looks too retro for me, there’s nothing to it; the away kit isn’t any better, blue and red?
    Adidas should be ashamed of this.

10. Daniel says:

I think both kits have a nice clean look and I would say they are an upgrade. The logos blend in well and don’t look out of place (unless you are expecting a Brittania there).