FRI, 2:30PM ET
CHI
HOU
FRI, 8:30PM ET
USA
MEX

Chelsea to Play AC Milan in Miami On Final Date of US Summer Tour

sun life stadium Chelsea to Play AC Milan in Miami On Final Date of US Summer Tour

Chelsea Football Club today announced that the club will play AC Milan at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium on Saturday, July 28 as the final date of its 2012 US summer tour.

The match against AC Milan, which had originally been scheduled to be played at FedEx Field in Maryland, was moved to Miami due to complications.

The complete US summer tour for Chelsea has now been finalized, and will feature the following games:

• Wednesday, July 18th versus Seattle Sounders, CenturyLink Field (Seattle)
  • Sunday, July 22nd versus Paris Saint-Germain, Yankee Stadium (New York City)
  • Wednesday, July 25th versus MLS All-Star team, PPL Park (Chester, PA)
  • Saturday, July 28th versus AC Milan, Sun Life Stadium (Miami)

The game against AC Milan will be Chelsea’s first ever visit to Florida. Sun Life Stadium has a capacity of 75,540 and since it opened in 1987 has hosted five Super Bowls and two baseball World Series. “We are very excited to announce these two final fixtures in our summer tour,” said Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay. “Southern Florida is a hotbed of football support and we cannot wait to resume our friendly rivalry with AC Milan at a packed stadium.”

“The four fixtures we have lined up in the US offer an exciting schedule and as a club we cannot wait to sample the ever-growing appetite for the game in America.”

This will be the first time in 23 years that a major English soccer team has played in South Florida. And to have them play against AC Milan, the highlight of Chelsea’s US summer tour in my opinion, is icing on the cake.

Sun Life Stadium is home to the Miami Dolphins. Originally known as Joe Robbie Stadium, the stadium was earmarked to host several World Cup matches in the 1994 tournament, but was overlooked when Orlando was chosen instead.

If you’re planning on going to the Miami match, let us know in the comments section below!

This entry was posted in Chelsea, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Chelsea to Play AC Milan in Miami On Final Date of US Summer Tour

1. BD says:

When do tickets for Yankee Stadium and Sun Life go on sale?

2. harry cee says:

disappointed….sigh.

• BD says:

Why are you disappointed, Manpoo fan? I wouldn’t see Man Utd if they were playing in my backyard…..

• harry cee says:

Just because I support Man Utd doesn’t mean I would miss out on seeing some quality EPL action in my own backyard. This is an opportunity that a LOT of people in the US don’t get so, why not take advantage of it?

I am STILL contemplating traveling up to Baltimore to see the LFC v Spurs game since that’s all we still have left in this region.

Besides it wasn’t just ME looking forward to the game…many of my co workers support various other teams in Europe and many of us were looking forward to this CL rematch.

• Robert says:

I totally agree ,being a Man U fan from Sweden im not gonna miss this opp to se Chelsea & Milan on my holliday im Miami.

3. Nonsense says:

The end of July in Miami is like 90% in the shade!

4. coachie ballgames says:

The Dolphins’ stadium is no doubt the more appropriate venue, but it would have been interesting to see them play at the wild new Marlins’ baseball park right near downtown Miami.

5. I live in Orlando and will definitely be there for this! Couldn’t be more thrilled!

6. The Gaffer says:

Tickets go on sale on Thursday, but you can order tickets early at http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0D0048A36FDF3293 using promo code WFC12

Tickets are already going fast, so order now if you want to go.

7. Michael says:

Ah I could ask the ticket sales previously but now I can’t.

Noooooooo……. I need tickets! Is this temporarily down?

8. jk says:

What is the gameday experience like at SUN LIFE. I live in Tampa and am considering coming down. Is parking a mess. Are events usually well organized there?

• The Gaffer says:

Well organized and plenty of parking. They’ve hosted Super Bowls and World Series with no problem.

9. The Gaffer says:

Tickets for Chelsea v Milan went on general sale this morning! Who’s going?

I’ll be in section 114.

10. Brandon says:

I purchased the sideline tickets at 10:00 Thursday morning!! I saw both teams in Baltimore in 2009. Last time you purchased certain tickets it had access to practice on friday which was rained out and photo/autograph session happened. Does anyone know if this will happen again? I’ve not heard anything but I am very interested in seeing if this happens again. KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH!!

• The Gaffer says:

No news on training yet, but they’ll probably be doing something for the public. Which section are you in Brandon?

11. Amanda says:

what side is the Chelsea side? Trying to buy tickets!

Amanda

12. dreylad says:

Got my 2 tickets today!

13. Brandon says:

Gaffer:
    I am sideline club (on the field General Admission. I am not sure exactly how it will be setup but if chelsea score I might have to run onto the field and hug someone :D. http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0D0048A36FDF3293?artistid=743931&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11 ). Last time I went to Baltimore and wrote a little piece for the site on my experience on my travel from Atlanta to Baltimore.

14. sara says:

Got my tickets ! :) i was wondering if anyone knew about access to the CFC practice ? I NEED TO BE THERE

15. sara says:

I MEAN THE PRACTICE IN MIAMI BEFORE THE JULY 28TH GAME.

16. Martin Nicoletti says:

I got tickets for the Miami game!! I am such a Blues fan and what an honor and amazing luck that that they are coming to my home…Sunny South Florida! If possible do you have any idea of the starting lineup or possible lineup! Go Blues!!!

17. evan says:

Just ordered 3 tickets to this game. There weren’t many left!

Section 102 row 29

18. John says:

if anybody knows anything about a practice session please let me know! it would be awesome to watch! thanks

• The Gaffer says:

There will be an open training session on the day before the Miami game at Sun Life Stadium. All you need to get in is to show your ticket to the Saturday game.

19. Raymundo says:

I’ll be travelling from Chile to watch Chelsea – AC Milan on Miami!
    Can’t wait!

20. Raymundo says:

Does anyone knows in which hotel they’ll stay?
    Thanks!

21. Daaaa says:

Hi I would like to know if the fans can take pictures with Chelsea’s Players. Do you know anything about this. I wanna go and take a picture with them.

• The Gaffer says:

On game day, probably no. But there should be a few chances at the practice on Friday night at Sun Life Stadium. Bring your ticket stub to get in.

22. runninmom says:

My wonderful hubby just bought me tickets at the center line! We’re so excited, flying in just to see the game.
    GO BLUES!

23. jujos says:

does anybody here knows at which hotel are the teams staying?

24. iolarien says:

Will see what will happen……

25. Daaaa says:

Why time is the practice today?

• The Gaffer says:

6pm for Chelsea, and 8pm for AC Milan. All you need is a ticket for tomorrow’s game to get in tonight.