EPL Talk Podcast Hits 2 Million Downloads Milestone
EPL Talk hit a new milestone today by logging 2 million downloads of its popular twice-weekly soccer podcast.
Six years ago this month, the first episode of the EPL Talk Podcast launched featuring an interview with none other than Steven Cohen, then of World Soccer Daily. The show began as a weekly interview podcast featuring chats with some of the most interesting names behind the beautiful game such as Paul Scholes, Ray Hudson, Alan Mullery, Gabriele Marcotti, Steve McClaren and Craig Bellamy, but over time, it developed into its current format — which is a twice weekly analysis show.
We’ve released over 500 episodes, and the podcast is now the second longest running podcast (A Game of Two Halves takes the number one spot). The pod has been through plenty of changes, but I hope you’ll agree with me that the team of Laurence McKenna, Kartik Krishnaiyer, Kristan Heneage and Matt Duncan deserve a lot of praise for their hard work and expert analysis, as well as all of the other hosts and co-hosts we’ve had (plus our excellent guests).
We have lots of exciting announcements to make in the coming weeks regarding the EPL Talk Podcast, including what we’ll be up to this summer. Thank you to everyone for your patronage. We hope you find that the podcast quite enjoyable.
Here are the different ways you can listen to the EPL Talk Podcast each week:
- Listen via the Flash player included in the EPL Talk Podcast posts every Sunday and Thursday night via EPL Talk, or visit the EPL Talk Podcasts page
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on iTunes,
- Add the EPL Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
- Buy the EPL Talk Podcast iPhone App which is automatically updated when each new episode is released,
- If you have an Android smartphone, buy the EPL Talk Podcast Android App,
- Get the free version of the EPL Talk iPhone App which includes the podcasts as well as EPL Talk posts, comments and more, and
- Subscribe to the EPL Talk Podcast on the Zune.