TUES, 2:45PM ET
ARS
BES
WED, 2:45PM ET
BRA
LUFC

Predicting the Final Premier League Table of The Season With 7 Games Remaining

final countdown Predicting the Final Premier League Table of The Season With 7 Games Remaining

After spending some time going through the remaining fixture list, I have begun the process of projecting the final standings for the 2011-12 season of the Premier League. Now, obviously, with any type of projections, injuries and dips in form are difficult to foresee.  However, based on these projections, there are a few things that stick out:

• The large point difference between the top two clubs is largely due to the fact that Manchester United finishes the season playing the likes of QPR, Wigan, and Aston Villa while Manchester City has to play at Arsenal, at a surprisingly tough Norwich, and at Newcastle.
  • Everton’s recent run of positive form could be coming to an end with a trying stretch of matches as they are projected to only gain four more points.
  • Sadly, the projections say that fans of the Blackburn, Wolves and Wigan will be cheering for their clubs in the Championship next season.

Points

QPR

Blackburn

Wigan

Wigan

Wolverhampton

Wolverhampton

What do you think? Are these projections accurate or did I underestimate any club?

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Predicting the Final Premier League Table of The Season With 7 Games Remaining

1. NoOneLikesUsWeDontCare says:

Considering Wigan play at Blackburn and V Wolves to end their campaign, your predictions don’t make numerical sense. By saying Wigan will only take 1 point, your saying they will lose at least one of those matches, but you have neither Blackburn or Wolves winning a match. Regardless, making predictions at this stage of the campaign is nearly impossible as many crazy things will happen from now to May 13th. Simply put, I will appreciate the rest of the matches and hope for some great football.

2. Guy says:

Before I read a single word, just let me say that is one scary pic! :-)

3. R2Dad says:

If I didn’t know they were a bad hair band back in the day, I would have guessed they were European hairdressers? Anyway, hoping QPR can pull defeat from the jaws of victory just so Joey can go down where he belongs.

4. trickybrkn says:

Is this really a story about someone who used the BBC predictor? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/predictor/default.stm

Cause, if it is a bit of reasoning behind your predictions would be useful. Otherwise your just one of thousands that have plugged in numbers to see what ‘might’ happen. Just for reference, I did the same thing last year, and it showed West Ham staying up. That didn’t work out too well now did it.

• trickybrkn says:

and it might be useful when predicting a Man City death march, you state openly that you are a Man U fan.
      or asked others to visit the BBC I previously linked to and see what they come up with. This is put out there as somehow empirical, not opinion.

5. evan says:

United will finish 11 points above City?
    ok our form is bad but come on. I’m guessing you’re a United fan?

6. evan says:

Just did the BBC predictor myself and have City winning the title by 2 points.
    Can I write an article about my prediction now?

7. Brian says:

I think you are underestimating Everton. They always seem to get points against the top clubs.

8. Ryan B says:

You have any more info on what basis your predictions are from? I think you’re on the money, I’d just like to know what went into it.