Liverpool to Face Tottenham Hotspur In Baltimore This July On US Tour
Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur will play against each other in a friendly this summer in Baltimore, it was announced this morning.
The two classic Premier League clubs will play on July 28, 2012 at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore. Kick-off time is 1pm ET.
“With matches already confirmed against LA Galaxy and the New York Red Bulls, this third fixture is a great opportunity for two of the biggest names in English football to showcase the strength of the Premier League to a North American audience – something we know will appeal to our many fans that live across the USA,” said Tottenham Hotspur club chairman Daniel Levy.
“It’s been a few years since we last travelled to North America to play, but everyone is very excited about our plans for this summer,” said Ian Ayre, Liverpool FC Managing Director. “The M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore is an amazing stadium and holds 71,000 fans. The prospect of playing a big game between two great Premier League clubs on American soil is one that I’m sure will excite lots of our fans because nothing beats watching the team live.”
Tickets for the July 28 match will go on sale Tuesday, April 3 at 10:00 a.m. EST. Tickets may be purchased via the following methods:
- Online: ticketmaster.com or baltimoreravens.com/tickets
- Phone charge: Baltimore: 410-547-SEAT (7328), Washington DC: 202-397-SEAT (7328), Northern Virginia: 703-573-SEAT (7328), Out of State: 1-800-551-SEAT 1-800-551-SEAT (7328); 10:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
- Outlets: visit ticketmaster.com for a list of outlets and times
- Box Office: M&T Bank Stadium ticket office (9am to 5pm, Monday – Friday)
- Group Tickets (20 or more): (410) 261-RAVE (7283)
- Hospitality Tents: 410-261-RAVE (7283)
- Ticket information: 410-261-RAVE (7283) or baltimoreravens.com/tickets
For more information on ticket sales, please call 410-261-RAVE (7283) or visit baltimoreravens.com/tickets.
Earlier this week, Liverpool announced their friendly against Roma at Fenway Park in Boston, while Tottenham last week announced their games against LA Galaxy and New York Red Bulls. The two other Premier League clubs who have announced friendlies in the United States this summer are Aston Villa and Chelsea.
What are your thoughts about Tottenham playing Liverpool in Baltimore? Are you planning on going? Is the stadium going to be filled with Liverpool supporters, or do you think Tottenham will have a large contingent? Do you think the stadium will be sold out for the game?
Also, what are your thoughts about the ticket prices? For example, Chicago Fire against Aston Villa have ticket prices ranging from $41 to $79, while ticket prices for Liverpool against Tottenham range from $44 to $136 (all prices include taxes and fees from Ticketmaster).
Share your thoughts in the comments section below.