SAT, 7AM ET
NEW
CRY
SAT, 10AM ET
QPR
SUN

UPDATED: US Men’s National Team Away Shirt for 2012-13

usmnt home shirt 2012 2013 UPDATED: US Mens National Team Away Shirt for 2012 13

UPDATE: We’ve received an update from an inside source who says that the shirt pictured is a fake from an online store in China, and is not actually the correct version of the USA away shirt.

A photo of the US men’s national team away shirt for 2012-13 has been leaked on the Internet.

Designed and manufactured by Nike, The away shirt for the USMNT features a blue shirt with light blue stars faded into the background. The sleeves are blue with red ends, while the collar is a v-neck design — featuring the red and white stripes of the American flag on the back of the neck.

The design of the USA men’s away shirt will certainly raise some eyebrows. It’s bright, outlandish and bold. The style of the shirt complements the red and white hoop design of the USMNT home shirt for 2012-14.

Personally, I prefer a more simple and sophisticated design than the bright colors and in-your-face style of the new US men’s home and away shirts. But that’s just my opinion. What do you think? Share your opinions in the comments section below.

24 Responses to UPDATED: US Men’s National Team Away Shirt for 2012-13

1. Fireside says:

O my brutal.

2. CTBlues says:

What is this the early 90′s? Unless the third kit is better I wont
    be buying a USA shirt for a while. And still we really need to
    update our crest.

3. Dan says:

Ugh, are you kidding me!? We got the same designer as Juventus
    away, this is DISGUSTING! Thank g-d that we wear our home kit 99%
    of the time.

4. Yes! says:

I like it. This kit looks bold. The last few kit designs have been
    so boring, come on just a sash across the chest in different
    directions? So daring (sarcasm).

5. Clampdown says:

Absolutely awful.

6. AdamEdg says:

Holy WC94! Are you fucking kidding me with these new kits?! As I
    said in the home shirt comments, we went from arguably the best
    kits we’ve ever had to what might be the worst (or close to it). I
    love my country and I love my team, but I will not be buying either
    of these monstrosities. It will be hard enough to watch them play
    in this ugly shit.

7. Phillip says:

I love it and might buy two.

8. Brett says:

This sucks balls. All of the new Nike designs suck balls. WTF. What
    a disgrace. Put down the pipe Nike. FIFA should ban them from kit
    making.

9. Eplnfl says:

Gag me with a spoon!

10. Nicholas says:

Mother F’ers. I’m done with Nike. What sucks is that they’ve done a
    great job with other nations. France, for one, has a standout look.
    Meanwhile, we get a terrible retro reminder of the dreaded denim
    kits of 94. I could stand the hoops. They’re at least palatable,
    but it’s beyond my comprehension that people within US soccer or
    Nike could think this looks good.

11. Nicholas says:

Maybe it’s a joke. Maybe both the Home and Away leaks are just a
    practical joke on all of us fans who take this crap way too
    seriously. PLEASE BE JOKING.

12. Ric says:

1. Just ’cause Michael and Whitney passed away doesn’t mean we need
    a tribute to the 90′s. 2. Looks like I won’t be spending any money
    on the new kits.

13. Michael says:

Why not just replace the white solid sash on the current blue shirt
    with a sash of stars?

14. The original Tom says:

I don’t buy replica shirts, instead I get polo’s or T shirts from
    the team. Thus, I never judge these things until I see them on
    field (live or on TV). But I’m not optimistic.

15. patrick starr says:

This would make DeJong more likely to kick US players in the chest!

16. James says:

But aren’t Chinese knock off jerseys modeled after the real ones?
    Still thinking this is or is very similar to the away kit.

17. Daniel Feuerstein says:

I prefer a new design. Both are terrible. I could design a better
    shirt.

18. Jjerg says:

I’m confused now. Is the white with red hoops still a legit kit?
    The ‘new’ away is worse than the Chinese away. I would totally buy,
    wear, and show off that red & white hoop kit. The best US kit
    ive seen!

19. BamaMan says:

I for one like the home shirt with the hoops. The fake stars
    design, while goofy, is at least something different and harkens
    back to the early 1990s US squads. The real Nike design looks like
    a sweatervest. Not only ugly, but boring.

20. Michael says:

The US Soccer logo looks like it’s from 1986….hopefully that will
    change too. The Sounders have the best logo…hire their design
    firm. Sporting K.C. has a nice logo as well.

21. roger says:

who are you? I don’t understand.