FRI, 2:30PM ET
MCFC2
SWA1
SAT, 12:30PM ET
ARS1
MUFC2

Arsenal Home Shirt for 2012-13 Season Revealed: Photo

arsenal home shirt 2012 2013 season Arsenal Home Shirt for 2012 13 Season Revealed: Photo

The design of Arsenal’s home shirt for the 2012-13 season has been revealed on the Internet.

Arsenal’s home shirt for the 2012-13 season will feature the classic red shirt with white sleeves. However, the design also features what appears to be a charcoal rounded collar and charcoal or black bottom to the sleeves. Also of note is that Arsenal’s crest has reverted to their previous design, before the 125th year anniversary shirt, with the exception that a navy blue color has been introduced.

The source of the design is the reliable Arsenal Insider website. In previous years, they’ve revealed the new Arsenal shirt several months before the official photos had been unveiled. For this particular shirt, they have a photo of the shirt itself, but in order not to incriminate their source, they’ve created a design of the shirt from the actual photo.

Don’t be surprised if you have people who respond to this article by posting comments that the shirt is fake. The same thing happens every year, and we always find out later that the designs or photos were, in fact, accurate.

Having said that, what’s your opinion about the new design of the Arsenal home shirt? Love it? Hate it? Share your feedback in the comments section below.

This entry was posted in Arsenal, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Arsenal Home Shirt for 2012-13 Season Revealed: Photo

1. Wilshere_team19 says:

Don’t believe it, any on could edit a shirt! I don’t believe this! FAKE

2. Simon Burke says:

Last year or the year before Arseblog proved one of these as fake and there was a retraction from
    EPLTalk.

3. harry cee says:

If it is real, then, meh. The sleeves are so uninspired.

4. EE says:

I think it looks good. Might be the nicest shirts in the Championship League.

5. Stephen Feehily says:

Yeah, um, no!

6. jojo says:

nyeeeeeek – eeeekhhhhhhh – UGLY UGLY UGLY

7. Brett says:

It reminds me of the Asenal shirt from ’92-94, but let’s hope that Nike doesn’t go with the headache inducing design of the same years for the away shirt.

8. Todd says:

If they could do something else with the sleeves, it wouldn’t be that bad.

9. V says:

That’s fake, you can see where the addition of the white and navy stripe on the sleeves are extremely blurry compared to the sharpness of the rest of shirt, it is a bad photoshop. Not to mention it doesn’t line up with the rest of the sleeve, someone took the 10-11 shirt added a horribly drawn collar and added crappy blurry sleeves.

• canyid says:

“For this particular shirt, they have a photo of the shirt itself, but in order not to incriminate their source, they’ve created a design of the shirt from the actual photo. “

10. V says:

Maybe i should read the entire article, either way I hope it is a bad mockup… cause that looks bad.

11. Raffi says:

Shouldn’t it say “Under-achieving Wankers” on the front ??
    Or, at least, “Cheapskates”

????

12. asaph says:

Shirt is not my headache! Whatever they like, let them wear! I just want a trophy, shikena(hausa/nigerian language meaning end of story)

13. Chicken Vindaloo says:

it seems very NHL. Hopefully they dont make one for Arshavin. And I’m a Liverpool supporter.

14. Sean says:

Come on, Nike. I expect better than this. Judging on this and the new Brazil kit, it seems that they’re going with the thick bands around the sleeves look in all their shirts.

15. Jack Tomczuk says:

This is a terrible design. Why can’t Nike realize that EVERY Arsenal home shirt should be red with white sleeves. The shirt from ’08 was terrible with the white stripe down the sides. Experiment with the away shirt.

16. Chicago Yeti says:

Gotta do better than that. Current Arsenal kit is very classy. Like it a lot. My favorite in the league is Newcastle’s home kit…hands down! I’m frightened at what will happen to Liverpool’s kit next year. Warrior is making it, not Adidas? Warrior’s website is crap.

And they make “EXTREME” clothing for hockey and lacrosse.

Maybe they’ll make a baggy-snowboardy-jean kit with skulls on it for Liverpool. Fingers crossed (sarcastically).

17. Bentley says:

The white and the black dont line up properly with the rest of the sleeve. Thats enough for me. fake.

18. Michael says:

It wouldn’t be as bad if they removed the red stripe on the sleeves. I don’t mind the charcoal collar and sleeves but I think they would look better in navy, in order to tie the shirt back to both their away kit and the crest on the front.

19. brn442 says:

Fake or not – it is consistent with Nike’s new Brazil template, with its bizarre cuff-like ends on the sleeves. I’m still scratching my head on this one.

20. Efrain says:

Sleeves are yucky.

21. Steve says:

Pick a color for the rings. I like the just red rings, but if you want to do something like that, don’t do red, white and black rings. ugh.

22. hoosiergunner says:

Yep, agree with most posters… the sleeves ruin the design. Won’t own this one.

23. Grant says:

Gaffer, there’s no new colors in the crest. Since the redesign in the early 2000s there’s always been a bit of blue along the sides of the crest. Nothing new about that. I think it’s interesting that the sleeves almost look like they have French flags on the ends of them. Interesting. I’d have to see a proper picture before rendering my judgement, but I’m skeptical I’ll like it.

24. gunner101 says:

Well at least our shirt will match our dips in form and will appeal to the gay fans.

25. Tim says:

I agree with the person who said it seemed very NHL. It looks a lot like the NHL’s Winter Classic sweaters. Kind of a throwback design. Think of it as wearing those tall striped socks from the 1970′s, only on your arms. If this ends up being what Arsenal wear, I like it.

26. Dust says:

LOL…looks like the french flag on the arms….perfect for the french national squad development project that is arsenal.

27. Manyuon says: