SAT, 8:45AM ET
HUL
SOU
SAT, 11AM ET
STO
WHU

How to Contact Your Local FOX Station If They’re Not Showing Arsenal-Man Utd

corky romano How to Contact Your Local FOX Station If Theyre Not Showing Arsenal Man Utd

If you live in one of the seven regions in the United States where your local FOX station is not showing the Arsenal against Manchester United game live tomorrow, you should be mad as hell — even if you don’t support either club.

Why? Because next time a Premier League game is only shown live on FOX, chances are that the station may show the game on tape delay again, or maybe not at all. Next month, it’ll be Chelsea against Manchester United on Super Bowl Sunday. But if the ratings are impressive for tomorrow’s Arsenal-Man United match, then there’s a good chance that FOX may be showing many more Premier League matches exclusively live on FOX.

The important thing to remember is that you should not take your local FOX’s decision for granted. One of the only ways it’ll consider changing its mind is if they get enough people contacting them and complaining. To make it easier, I’ve listed the contact information below for each of the FOX stations that are not showing the Arsenal-Man United game live tomorrow.

Be sure to contact them today:

If you know of any other FOX stations not showing the game live, please add them to the comments section below.

By the way, if you do get to talk with someone from their programming department and they give you the line “Well, it’s being shown on tape delay later,” ask them how they would feel if the NFC Championship game was shown later in the day on tape delay. How would they like that?

If you’re serious about watching the game live, you may want to consider checking to see if there are any other FOX stations near your area of the country carrying the game. For example, if you live in Miami, WSVN won’t be showing the game until midnight. But if you drove north one hour to Palm Beach County, you could watch the game there on WFLX in one of the pubs there (or my house).

The other idea is to check to see if you can use rabbit ears on your TV set to pick up other FOX stations out of your area.

If you run out of all options, FOX Soccer will be replaying the game at 5pm ET.

If you live in one of the seven (or more) affected areas, be sure to contact your local FOX station today by e-mail, phone, Twitter, Facebook (or all of the above).

This entry was posted in Arsenal, FOX Soccer, Leagues: EPL, Manchester United. Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to How to Contact Your Local FOX Station If They’re Not Showing Arsenal-Man Utd

1. KILLSTOOL says:

Well I’m not surprised that British sports get minimal coverage in America. And a the NFC championship game is not the same as a midseason game regardless of who’s participating. I understand soccer fans wanting to see the game live but I mean it is league that is across the ocean so I understand there not being a huge effort to show the matches. I’m just happy 90% of the country will be able to see it. I do understand how it’s lame that they specifically aren’t showing it in just a few regions though

• The Gaffer says:

I would argue that the Premier League is a world sport, not a British game. Since the Premier League doesn’t have such things as championship games to determine the winner of the league (thank god), then I would also argue that big four games such as Arsenal against Man United are the equivalent of a NFC Championship.

There is a huge effort to show these games. FOX has been putting a ton of promotion, effort and energy into the game this Sunday, so it’s a shame that some of the FOX stations have refused to show it live. Personally I won’t be happy until 100% of the US public can see the game. 90% is simply not good enough.

2. Gary says:

The Fox affiliates that are not showing the game live are not doing so because of the NFC championship game. That game is not on until 6:30 PM. Besides, some of the affiliates are showing the soccer game on delay at noon.

• The Gaffer says:

I didn’t say they’re not showing it because of the NFC Championship game. When did I say that?

Tape delay is not good enough.

3. Sarah says:

The game is not being shown LIVE in Washington State. It’s showing the Manchester City/Tottenham game but not the Arsenal/Manchester United game. It just says they’ll be showing an Italian game live… What sort of BS is this?!

• The Gaffer says:

Sarah, FOX Soccer isn’t showing Arsenal-Man United. Your local FOX network is. If it’s Spokane, FOX 28 (KAYU) will be showing it live beginning at 7.30am PT.

• Sarah says:

I called Comcast, because it wasn’t showing up on FOX either. They said they there was a miss-type on their ticker and it was playing. Crisis, avoided. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully I won’t have to do this on Super Bowl Sunday.

• jtm371 says:

the game is on Fox not FSC it is on live in Spokane.i don’t know what to tell you.

4. Mahlon Christensen says:

I know that in the SF Bay Area KTVU has gone out of it’s way to tell viewers that the game will be on one of our independent(at least they used to be) stations, KICU. It’s 706 for HD or 6 for regular on Comcast. My guide says Live at 7:30am Pacific time.

–Mahlon–

• user says:

I question the “out of its way” part. I still have yet to see any notice of the change to KICU on KTVU’s website, facebook, or twitter feed. I haven’t watched KTVU much this week so I don’t know if they announced it on the local news or whatnot, but they do not seem to be doing a good job informing viewers of the change. I first found out about the change through a post in the Big Soccer forums because I tried to find it on KTVU in the program guide (to set the DVR) and wondered why the game isn’t there.

5. Gregg says:

Not live in Cincinnati either.

6. Gregg says:

Apologies. I

7. Gregg says:

I am wrong. Is on in Cincinnati.

8. John says:

WFXR in Roanoke, VA is showing the match at noon, on a one hour delay.

9. Brad says:

When the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has a story about this you know there are enough people in this city complaining. That paper rarely has anything on soccer.

Also, I just went to the @fox6sports twitter page and he makes a good point. He has no control over programming on that station. His job is most likely to produce pieces on sporting events when he is allowed the time. It is the people at @fox6now that you really want to bother.

10. user says:

• The Gaffer says:

Programming is always subject to change, but the tip I got this morning is that the sister station will be showng the game live.

• user says:

I’m not questioning the news that the sister station will be showing it live. I’m merely saying that the Fox affiliate isn’t doing a good job of informing viewers of the switch to their sister statione, so that people can plan and set DVRs accordingly.

• The Gaffer says:

No worries. I completely agree with you. This shouldn’t be news that’s filtering out on the day before the game. Fox has known about this game being played for at least several weeks.

11. Eric says:

Gaffer, it’s Chelsea v Man United on Super Bowl Sunday.

• The Gaffer says:

You’re correct Eric! Good catch. I must have been thinking about last season’s Super Bowl Sunday match.

12. dkptiger says:

KPTM in omaha nebraska isnt showing it until 12 central either

13. Sam says:

Live in atlanta where the fox station is showing the match tape-delayed which is annoying because they are showing infomercials instead! Walkfit platinum orthotics and shark vacuum! What a joke.
    I would’ve expected the match to get bumped if they were showing religious programs (in the south after all) but not showing a live match for informercials is crazy.

I will stream the match online and skip watching it on fox. Its crap like that makes me hope espn gets viewing rights instead of fox.

14. freedumb says:

my guess is that since its nott shown until 12pm my time, it is an attempt to suck in would be nfl viewers – noon on a sunday, hmmmm

15. Phil G says:

It looks like WTGS in Savannah will not be showing the game live either. Instead we get an infomercial and Corky Romano. Awful.

16. Brian says:

Disappointing it’s not being shown in Miami/Ft Lauderdale. I emailed and called, but the phone # was for 7 news, rather than a programming person so I ended up just leaving a comment message. Oh well. I just can’t believe they wouldn’t play it in such a diverse market.

17. Nathan says:

As Sam previously mentioned, here in Atlanta Fox 5 is showing stupid infomercials simply ridiculous!!
    At first I thought that coverage begining at 10:30AM was a pre-game show & then the game would have a 12PM kick-off, so I thought maybe they just won’t be airing the pre-game show but when I checked Fox Sports Espańol game was already underway.
    Thanks to this thread I know now what was really going on.

You’d think that Atlanta being the largest city in the southeast wirh a large immigrant population they would’ve aired this game live. People at Fox5 must surely be on drugs.. infomercials really??

18. Rob says:

Fox 24 in Macon, GA indicated in their programming guide that the game would be shown in its entirety an hour late, starting at noon. However, at noon, they broke into the game live at halftime, meaning viewers missed the entire first half.

19. Aaron says:

For Indianapolis it is Larry Delia, not Della and his email is ldelia@tribune.com.

20. Damfee says:

They’re not even showing the replay in High Definition here in Atlanta. Incredible.

21. Aaron says:

Delayed and in low definition here in Huntsville, AL. Really aggravated!

22. Pam Collins says:

I think it is very disappointing and unacceptable that FOX Atlanta failed to notify its loyal Fox Soccer customers that it was not showing the ManU v Arsenal match live. They advertised it live all week and I had invited over friends to watch it. Shame on you Fox Atlanta for letting down your loyal fans. Fortunately I was able to scramble around and find a Spanish version at a local pub. If you knew you weren’t going to show it then you should have told us! Watching a tape delay is NOT the same..

23. steven says:

i recently moved to cleveland. sadly, our fox affiliate decided that an infomercial was more important than this game. thankfully i am savvy finding these things online, but the casual fan flipping through the channels will have missed an opportunity to watch and get interested in the game we love.

24. J says:

I contacted my Fox affiliate here in the Triangle area of North Carolina, WRAZ Fox 50. There was no excuse why they shouldn’t have shown it live. Though I did not let them know I personally wasn’t fully affected by it.

I have DirecTV in Durham. We also get the Fox affiliate from west of here, channel 8 covering Greensboro, etc. And it was being shown live on that station, so I was able to watch it on that channel, though it was not live on my more local channel. But I have no qualms in contacting them to complain, since other people in my area definitely were affected by this. Plus, it’s ridiculous if sports are not shown live. Otherwise, what’s the purpose?