SAT, 7AM ET
CRY
SAT, 10AM ET
QPR
SUN

It’s Time For Luis Suarez To Grow Up

luis suarez1 Its Time For Luis Suarez To Grow Up

At last weekend’s game between Manchester United and Liverpool at Anfield, striker Luis Suárez is accused of allegedly repeatedly muttering racial slurs at Patrice Evra. Rightly the complaint is said to be investigated further and has been commented on by the management of both teams.

This is the second time in a handful of weeks that Suárez has caused controversy while playing for Liverpool. The first shameful incident, for which he publicly apologized afterwards, was a very visible and aggressive public outburst after having been substituted around ten minutes before the end of a game to make way for a returning-to-fitness Steven Gerrard. To describe the way he sat on the bench shaking his head for a few minutes afterwards, having also kicked a water bottle angrily, as childish and petulant would be an momentous understatement. Ego at its most badly behaved.

Clearly the alleged racist language is of far greater consequence than the puerile lack of self control during the bottle-kicking incident. However Sir Alex Ferguson intimated that he thought that the racism issue is no longer widespread enough to be a worry for the game at large, although obviously it needs policed.

If the repugnant racism charges are indeed true, and regardless of whether they are proven in the future or not, unless Suárez takes a moment to consider how easy it is to fall from such an elevated ephemeral height then he might find himself landing with an undignified bump. I for one hope he pulls his socks up before that happens.

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, Liverpool. Bookmark the permalink.

109 Responses to It’s Time For Luis Suarez To Grow Up

1. David says:

This is at least the third time Evra has leveled racism claims. We are still waiting for one to be validated and for him not to be shown as a liar. Evra is just as petulant as Suarez, if not more so, so lets just wait to hate on Suarez.

• Eric says:

Have a read about Evra’s complaint when he was verbally abused at Stamford Bridge:

Just because there isn’t complete evidence, as portrayed by The FA, to 100% support a claim, does not mean it actually didn’t happen.

• R. Walters says:

I want my minute back that I wasted reading this garbage! I see that this website employs unprofessional writers, and I use the “writer” part loosely. This , hum , article is a load of crap. What evidence you provide that Evra was slighted. It seems that if I was called a racist remark, and was so disturbed as Evra alleges, I would have punched the man in the mouth for calling me such. Or at the very least, I would have told the ref, the ten times he claims he heard it!! Funny they , Man United, did not come up with this claim, till the end of the game…

Evra is full of crap, you all know it, and is trying to destroy a man’s career by throwing such charge…. I have reviewed the footage several times, and read Evra’s lips, and have discovered Evra calling Mr. Suarez a F*^ing Sp**k!! That is worth as much as the crap I read above…. LOL

Mr. Suarez, they don’t know how to stop you…. Carry on Chap!! It’s a joy to see you play!!!!

• Harry says:

” It seems that if I was called a racist remark, and was so disturbed as Evra alleges, I would have punched the man in the mouth for calling me such.”

…and that is what makes Evra and any person of color (myself included) a better man than you. All problems cannot be solved with a punch to the mouth and no matter how many times through my life I have been called something racist, I ALWAYS knew that by inciting violence is giving the person what they want and that makes you no better than they. Patrice Evra handled it the way he should have handles it and let Suarez hold the bag to answer for it.

Also, running and telling the ref…really? If the ref hears it fine but you can’t always go and complain that someone is calling you out of your name…sticks and stones. Grow some, get some thick skin and go out there and show who is best by staying on your A game.

This has been happening in pro sports for year and it won’t stop and the best revenge is seeing your name in lights and inscribed on trophies and let the clowns fade into obscurity.

That’s my 2 cents.

• JJ says:

“Sticks and stones”. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHa !!!!
          If it was sticks and stones there would be no “incident”. And if Evra is such a man, then why did he physically attack the Chelsea groundskeeper? He was suspended four games because of his attack. And please tell me when the word “immigrant” became racially abusive. I’m an immigrant and proud to say it.

• Shane says:

Totally agree. I’ve seen several liverpool fans (and just people who hate Utd due to some pernicious mental illness they’re suffering from) suggest Evra is just “playing the race card”. They have no idea what was said yet they’re making a disgusting allegation that Evra is 1) lying about a racial slur 2) doing so _because_ he’s black with the suggestion that other black people do so also. 3) prone to inventing racial slurs to cover poor performances. The statement “playing the race card” suggests there is some significant % of black people who habitually invent racist allegations and it’s therefore reasonable to refer to this. When you think about it, this is one of the most bigoted things someone could say, displaying an incapacity for nuanced thought and a negative attitude towards ethnicities besides their own. But there are other geniuses here suggesting that if Suarez has said such a thing to Evra it would have been recorded by Sky (with 100% certainty) and would therefore be playing non-stop. What utter rubbish. So there’s never been dialogue between players that wasn’t captured by Sky cameras or microphones? Of course there has. Perhaps those who hate Utd might perhaps consider that Suarez is a petulant kid and may very well have racially abused Evra. No wait, I forgot that it’s easier for those who hate Utd to assume that Evra is a liar and he’s just “playing the race card”. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

• JoeScribe says:

Sorry Shane, but Evra himself admitted in his comments to Canal+ that since there are so many cameras at the match, they would surely show the truth. And they have reportedly shown nothing happened.

Nevermind the fact that Evra was already backing off his claims in his initial comments to Canal+, saying he wasn’t going to make a big deal out of it. Ummm, when you’re racially abused, you make a big deal out of it. When you make a mountain out of a molehill, you don’t want a big deal made out of it.

• robert says:

Um… Shane, there is a percentage of the black population that habitually invent racist allegations. I’m white. I’ve studied African American history, have degree in sociology with an emphasis in ethnic relations. While working as a waiter during those college years I had a few rough nights on the job like anyone. Most people just labelled it crappy service and gave me bad tips, but I was accused of racism by more than one black couple who weren’t served in the way they preferred. Are all people that sensitive? No, of course not, but if you’ve grown up being singled out occasionally for the color of your skin, sometimes you’re going to see racism where racism does not exist because your views have been tainted by the experiences of your past.

just the facts.

this article though? silly.

• Watcher says:

Your crap is typical Shane, I’m tired of this reverse racism, in America the “n” word is the worst, but blacks can use “cracker” and other names with impunity.
          Suarez is just now learning english, I doubt that he knows enough to know bigoted terms. Now, for all to remember, in spanish “negro” means black and it’s by no means an insult. Finally, anyone who ever played the game knows that what it’s said in the pitch between players, stays there and it’s forgotten after the game.

• james mllon says:

It is highly likely that Suarez did say the N word to Evra, however I do not believe it was the offensive racist word that Evra believes he heard, but the similarity would confuse him to believe he was abused.

I lived in Urugauy, walking distance from where Suarez once lived in Montevideo. The word he used I believe was “Negro”, which does mean black and it is common to call a black person “Negro”. This is not culturally offensive and is a term of endearment in Uruguay, married couples call their partners negro or negra in place of dear. I was commonly called negro which could replace mate, I am also white.

It is unlikely Suarez has actually heard of the offensive N word and I must add that the Uruguayan culture towards Black people and foreigners in general is very relaxed; I was never victim of racism during the 10 years I lived there. If he had called Suarex “Negro de mierda”, then Evra would have a case.

• Harry says:

This is my problem with your passage.

1. Neither one of us were there so we can’t assume what he said.
          2. However, from what i saw including the mussing of the hair and Evra’s reaction, SOMETHING was going on.
          3. Where you are from, the word may be acceptable and if we are talking about the word ‘Negro’ then sure that is one thing but…BUT if it was the word ‘nigger’ and used in a derogatory fashion, then there may be a problem.
          4. regardless of where you are, it’s ALWAYS possible that when you go elsewhere you are likely to pick up some bad habits so ignorance based on where you are from is not an excuse for a free pass.

As to the arguments I have read on this board, regarding the lack of proof to Evra’s claims. It is simple. It’s a matter of “he said this, he said that” and unless you have a witness who HEARD it, it’s always going to be sketchy to prove but as others have stated, it’s not like it didn’t happen.

It’s always fair sometimes to tell an athlete to ‘man up’, but there is only so much one person can take.

• Clampdown says:

“It’s always a matter of he said this, he said that” … followed by “it’s not like it didn’t happen”

Huh?

So, you’re assuming it did despite the lack of any evidence.

• Kev says:

I find your comments, Shane, incredibly hypocritical. You talk passionately about racism, not that it takes passionate comments to make obvious that racism is wrong. However, the type of feelings that drive racism are the same kind of feelings that drive your comments about Saurez. You agree to it being “he said, then he said” stuff and yet you write in a way that simply assumes Saurez made the comments Evra suggests. For you this has required no proof, no truth, no logical perception, you have simply jumped to the defence of Evra’s comments. Now here’s where the same kind of feelings that drive racism come out, Shane, because if you have assumed Evra is telling the truth, inspite of there being no evidence, because he is a black man claiming he has been racially abused, then how is that different to things people have said about you in your life, as you mention in your post. Racism is an evil rot, but making assumptions based on skin colour, as you have done, in any capacity can only fuel that evil rot. Evra needs to learn to control his frustration post game, and not try and hang his disappointment around the necks of his opponents in the shape of awful claims like this. Take a moment, Shane, to look at this from Saurez’s point of view- if someone wrongly made these claims about you, and the whole footballing world was talking about it, how would you feel? I doubt much different than the times you have been called names because of your race in the past. This is a bad situation, for Evra, for Suarez, and for football in this country. I hope that Evra learns from the damage caused by his unhinged tongue.

• Unak78 says:

Hey David, in this day and age of Google, you think you’d be able to check your own facts. Evra never claimed the race card before this incident. The other two incidents were brought up by other people and he never corroborated their stories. Period.

Here’s a link to articles on the previous issues.

It’s stated unequivocably in both cases that he did not bring forward a claim. Are you that much of an idiot that you can’t fact-check??!!! Let’s work off of facts insteady of slandering someone since the only person who’s been proven slandered is Evra by Liverpool’s public relations.

2. helen says:

How can I give this “author” a negative vote for writing a load of rubbish?

3. Karl says:

I actually think Evra needs to grow up too. Every time he acts like a child, he or part of his team accuse somebody of racism and the Frenchman behavior is completely forgotten. But now the “author” is accusing Suarez of racism but we don’t have no evidence, but we know Evra’s credibility is not to be trusted.

4. alex says:

Obviously the “author” doesn”t like Suarez , what he did few weeks ago is something you see almost every week, example Bellamy. What Rooney does is much worse but you talk about Suarez, if he is found guilty he will pay for it but here you want to look for other things.
    Evra was provoking Suarez since the first minute, Suarez kicked Evra’s shin but Monsieur Patrice was faking an injury on his knee and nobody said anything about it.
    Suarez and Dalglish made a mistake, they didn’t see Ferguson’s plan, to wind up Suarez.
    Evra should be banned, Other mistake Suarez made (but for sure he did it to help the team and here he let his ego out) if I was there I would punch him.

5. caroline taylor says:

I hope similar articles have been written regularly on here about Wayne Rooney and the 8+ years of tantrums, sulking and disgusting behaviour we have witnessed. I sense a Suarez witch hunt going on!

6. Daniel Moody says:

It appears the author has unfairly made up his mind in this piece. Drawing comparisons between a tantrum for being subbed and racial abuse is also quiet a ridiculous piece of journalism. Remeber, Suarez is innocent until proven guilty, so lets be sensible and wait for a verdict before we cast judgment on either player. We may need to prepare ourselves for never knowing the truth in this instance.

YNWA

7. Jose says:

Suarez got mad because he felt he could have helped out his team that doesnt make him racist or a bad teammate! I sense people are turning on Suarez because he ruined United’s defence! Look at rooney and players like Tevez before you look at Suarez , Suarez has been nothing but a positive influence to Liverpool and he is Liverpool! Ferguson and Evra should grow some balls! Ferguson said Suarez was diving? Well look at Rooneys second penalty shot for champions league and then tell me that wasn’t a dive.. haha disgraceful! Grow up kids!!!!

8. JoeScribe says:

Comparing kicking a water bottle with repeatedly calling someone the most disgusting word in the English language? Something tells me this author has a little growing up to do himself. Considering its been days since it was reported that there was absolutely no evidence to back up Evra crying wolf yet again and no one on the pitch — including referee Andre Mariner — heard any of the 10 supposed utterances of the vile word, this post is completely irresponsible and unproductive. Evra should — yet again — be suspended and this blog should think again before it allows another similarly repugnant post. Just disgusting.

9. Farjad says:

Mate here is something you need to read about suarez frustration being benched

Other than that Evra has falslely accused 4 times and unless its proven u are not supposed to say or show like in this article that suarez is guilty….as if he has said something to u

10. rajiv says:

Actually the author needs to grow up as well. Being an obvious united fan takes away all his cred. Besides, why should anyone believe an arrogant jerk like evra anyway? I would suggest a guy who led a dressing room mutiny against his coach needs to do some growing up of his own.

• The Gaffer says:

Rajiv, Chris is a Liverpool supporter.

• JoeScribe says:

Then there REALLY is no excuse for this nonsense.

1. A Liverpool supporter should LOVE Suarez’s actions re: his substitutions. The lad makes it clear he does not want to come off the pitch until the job is done. It’s obvious Chris is just misreading Suarez. I LOVE his attitude and so do his teammates.

2. A Liverpool supporter should realize that Alex Ferguson and Manchester United admitted would stop at nothing to unsettle a future-altering talent like Suarez. Just look at how Fergie has already taken to calling him a diver when every single Premier League he’s ever won has been built upon divers like Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs, Cantona, ect. Talk about calling the kettle black. Phil Jones goes so crazy about Rio’s foul on Charlie Adam (when, if he kept his feet, Adam was through on goal!), despite Rio admitting he fouled him, and he never said anything about Ashley Young and others diving to win free kicks outside the area repeatedly.

I was disappointed in Chris as a supposed journalist. But as a Liverpool supporter, he’s got even more to learn. This is really atrocious.

• rajiv says:

SURE HE IS….

11. alex says:

I just wonder and is not to protect Suarez, if a fan told the N… word to Evra and he thought that was Suarez?

12. alex says:

I think both players should talk, say sorry to each other and end of this story, for the best of football

13. gordon says:

lets get this right!! Evra has accused two other professionals racist in the past…nothing come of this. I have watched the whole match again agian looking for anything that can be construed as recist from Suarez. there is words exchanged but not the N word 10 times as Evra makes out! Why did he not tell the ref( the ref states he was 1st made aware of this after the match), why not tell his team mates…nothing!!!! Evra is is a liar. Ferguson has not backed him vehemently this speaks volumes!! Ban Evra for 12 months for this he is embarrassing other black players!!!!

14. Daniel says:

Disgusting piece, judging Suarez before the truth comes out. Do your homework, this isn’t the first time Evra has played the racist card and nothing has come of any of his earlier claims. Suarez is a nuisance to other teams and is turning into a villain, yes, but the two examples cited here are utter rubbish.

15. John says:

It seems to me that this author is a Man Utd fan, to still imply Suarez used racist language is absurd. Its now three days after the match and there has been zero evidance to support it. I think its a shame that one of the brightest player in the PL is being cast in this light. Of course, its a Man Utd player, and thier manager as well, that have driven this situation. Rasicism is a serious issue and can not be compared to thing like ” not wanting to be subsituted.” After reading the authors page, it is a real shame to learn he is a LFC fan, there is NO controversy here. Until the racism charge can be proven, which if there was any evidence Sky Sports would be running it non-stop. Kicking a water bottle after being subbed is nothing, to use an old phrase, “if I had a dime for every time Wenger kicked a water bottle…” week in week out players don’t want to be subsitiued, it happens, and to be honest I like it, I like the best players on my team to want to fight, to have that fire to pull the team back and maybe be a bit angry if they’re pulled off. We want footballers who want to win, thats what makes good players great. Its sad that one of the best players in the leauge isnt being embraced but, instead being cast in such a negitive light.

• The Gaffer says:

John, Chris is a Liverpool supporter.

• JoeScribe says:

Harry,

I think what people are saying is, the longer we get into this without any evidence to support the claims, the clearer it becomes that either Evra made it up or the language barrier caused a miscommunication.

If Evra made this up, it is even more of an egregious act against humanity than the original claims of racism.

Joe

• john says:

I clicked on his name and saw that indeed he is a LFC fan and it made me even more confused.

• The Gaffer says:

Why does it make you confused? Cannot a Liverpool supporter (or supporter of any club, for that matter) have his own opinion instead of towing the party line?

16. Nathan says:

I get mad when I get subbed in my Sunday league games. Should I grow up?

17. Suarez C*nt says:

@alex evra diver?hey! R You f**king kidding me?! Don’t be such an ignorant, suarez is the diver, second best diver in the world in my opinion, how could such an unintentional clean tackle from rodwell of everton hurt him so badly, its seems as if it’s as horrific as aaron ramsey’s broken ankle in 2009, what a world class dive that was..

@liverpool fans you’ll stop dreaming to win the league or even get into the top 4, liverpool is a f**king disgrace, I guess they’d have too much money in their pocket that they could spend it on an idiot flop like caroll for 35Million pounds and also to pay those ref’s to help the red merseyside to win, I can’t see why rodwell could be sent off in the match everton vs lfc and how could c.adam featured in that match(everton vs lfc) when he got sent off in the match before that, FAPL?UEFA?MATCH-BAN?!

Daaamn.. Dalglish spent more then 130Million pounds since he joined the club(january 2011) but still there’s no end product/silverware.

SAF only spend 85Million pounds and sold C.Ronaldo for 86Million Pounds and has won 1BPL tittle, 2 FA Community Shield, 1 Carling cup in 2 years.

Cheers losers!

• JoeScribe says:

@Manc Glory Hunters

So you’ll give back all the Premier League titles you lot have won on the backs of egregious divers, like Nani, Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Giggs, Forlan, Cole, Poborsky, Cantona… The WORST DIVERS in the history of the Premier League, which is why it was so hilarious when the boy Wayne got sent off in a World Cup quarterfinal when his own club teammate dived! Just hilarious.

And riiiight, Fergie has never overspent on any of his signings. Dion Dublin. William Prunier. Karel Poborsky. Massimo Taibi. Juan Sebastian Veron. Diego Forlan. Kléberson. Eric Djemba-Djemba. David Bellion. Liam Miller. Owen Hargreaves. Manucho. In today’s money, its hundreds of millions in transfer fees and an untold fortune in wages, agent fees and contract payoffs wasted.

Who’s the better signing? Carroll at 35m of Chelsea’s money or Berbatov of 30m of your own money? Anyone in their right mind would rather have Carroll right now. He’ll be the better signing for sure.

The bottom line is without simulation and money, Manchester United are nothing. There’s a reason they were such an underachieving side for decades before the Prem breakaway, Sky, Champions League money and the intraleague loan rule ruined the English game as a fair and true competition.

18. Team of Carraghers says:

ManUre fans showing their intelligence yet again with the post at 11:30 — how exactly were we supposed to have won any silverware in the half season that Dalglish has been in charge?

19. alex says:

We know Luis Suarez, this is the way he is, explosive, straight, honest, love him the way he is.
    He would never said an offensive word. He could probably said:” la concha de tu madre) that means something like :”f*ck off” or “f*ck.u”.
    Nothing wrong with that, players are constantly saying that.
    Evra was provoking Suarez since the first minute, is normal if he says words like that but he would never offend somebody

20. zahra says:

Suarez needs to grow up? addressing the first jab at him i’d say that its better to have a player complain when they’re coming off the pitch rather than one that doesn’t want to come on in the first place (Tevez) and secondly,lets not hate on Suarez too much, whether or not he’s said anything no one knows, but its not exactly the first time evra is making these kind of allegations is it? Just wait until the FA say anything and then judge him for this, not before. And for the person who’s comment is above mine, get a life mate jealousy is not an attractive trait. :-)

21. zahra says:

sorry, the person above Team of Carraghers comment

22. maria says:

I think the black men in Europe are very susceptible lately.
    In Uruguay you can call :”negro” somebody and don’t get offended.
    Do you have an idea how the black people is called in France? Just ask Evra how was he called when he caused the problem with Domenech durring the last World Cup and… he never said anything

• tonyspeed says:

Just because it is done and people don’t say anything doesn’t make it right. If your mother called you an ignorant a$$ all your life and you got used to it, does that make it right?

• JJ says:

There is a big difference between what you call someone, and how you treat someone. In Uruguay we call people many things, but we treat them with the utmost respect. We have a guy on the national team that we call “el mono” (the monkey), he is not offended in the least (and he is not black). The greatest player in Uruguayan history (Obdulio Varela) was called “El Negro Jefe” (the black boss). Pele was called “La Perla Negra”. Eusebio “La Pantera Negra”. Negro is very common. Especially in football.

23. Spenser says:

As a massive Liverpool fan, I do understand a bit of what your’e saying and do agree with a lot of the comments. But here is a thought for proponents of Suarez AND Rooney AND all the rest–sure, the players need some maturing, but can we really complain about their drive and desire to score goals and win? ALLEGED racism aside, maturity is a delicate thing for footballers, many of whom have never been allowed to have real childhoods because they’re being shuffled between football clubs all over the world, sometimes alone. See Mario Balotelli, whose behavior I obviously don’t condone, he has been pushed all over the world before he could even be considered an adult! The football world has a huge flaw in stealing these players’ childhoods, and we need to consider this before judging their apparent lack of maturity.

24. Gaz Hunt says:

I hate to be so negative but this reeks of partisanship.

We obviously can’t see racist comments being made but Evra looked just as much a child with his behavior (yellow card for petulance, kissing his badge in front of Liverpool supporters, etc).

It’s a shame if racist comments were made and it should be dealt with if proven, however, it’s also likely that Evra is pulling this out of the air to give some sort of reasoning to his poor behavior.

25. Lewis says:

Quite blatantly written by a very biased manchester united fan.

26. Vini says:

How is kicking a bottle being badly behaved? Just shows that he wants to play every minute of the game, which isn’t a problem in my eyes.

If there is all this video evidence as Evra claims, how come it hasn’t been found yet?

Stop jumping on the band wagon of Liverpool hating…

27. tonyspeed says:

Fall from his “elevated ephemeral height.” He already dives on a regular basis. Not sure how much lower he can fall. Surely he can’t dive underneath the pitch?

28. Sean says:

We have to recognise the sizeable difference between Luis Suarez’s expression of disappointment at being substituted while in hot pursuit of three points and the racist remarks he has allegedly repeated. To liken a player to an egocentric child because of this behaviour is harsh to say the least. Suarez is a player who for club and country always wears his emotions on his sleeve. His dedication and desire to win is an attribute every manager would love to have in their players. Players that want to play every second, score every game and do what ever it takes, within the laws of the game, to put three points on the board. Other strikers like Wayne Rooney and Edin Dzeko have in the recent past demonstrated this ambition and reacted similarly to the way Suarez did. Personally, I think it’s great for the game. It’s certainly a lot better to see than the like of Carlos Tevez’s recent antics while asked to come on as a substitute for Man City in their Champion’s League fixture with Bayern Munich. Tensions run high as the slightest of margins separate two teams battling it out over an intense 90 minutes. I don’t blame Suarez for how he has reacted. He should save his passion for when he’s on the pitch, but it is perfectly understandable for him to be upset.

29. Sean says:

(contd) Racism in the game is a much more sensitive subject nowaday and Evra’s claims must be dealt with with the greatest respect to both parties until a conclusion is reached. Looking at both player’s track record, you’ll see neither party has the most credible background. Suarez’s infamous handball in the 2010 World Cup along with the bite he delivered to PSV’s Otman Bakkal while captaining Ajax created a reputation for the Uruguayan. However, Patrice Evra himself has been embroiled in controversy throughout his career including three allegations of racism including one in 2006 regarding Steve Finnan who also played for Liverpool at the time. Evra’s World Cup was also marred in controversy as he lead a mini-rebellion against then coach Raymond Domenech which saw several French players dropped from the team to the disgust of the French people. So one is six and the other half a dozen. It’s not far to commit to Evra’s allegations before a conclusion to the story has been reached. Until then, Luis Suarez can only be considered innocent while the FA look for this evidence. For me, I hope it doesn’t effect Suarez’s game and that he will continue his fine form for the Reds. YNWA

30. Yespage says:

Yeah, there is nothing to go on to base a judgment on the allegation by Evra. I would say, Suarez does need to mature a bit. His constant diving has cost Liverpool at least one penalty try because of his crying wolf. The guy is fire on the pitch and if he can just mature a bit more, he’ll be one of the best on the pitch.

31. craig says:

all the so called writer is doing is confirming wot we all know , they hate liverpool for some reason , how dare he slander luis like that without evidence , u biased fool , why dont u talk bout how petulent the who man utd team and staff are , they have been doing it for years and im sorry but without proof you really shouldnt be writing this bile , this is wots got the s*n in all the trouble at the moment , please learn from ur fellow rag writers mistakes , suarez is 10 times the player and man evra is , please remind me who it was that instigated the woeful scenes of the french training camp in the world cup ? oh wait …. i remember ….. IT WAS EVRA , the man has form for lying about things like this , so im sorry but u ever heard the story , THE BOY WHO CRIED WOLF ? i hope he gets found not guilty and LFC try and get evra banned and fined then he might stop this rubbish , the guy cannot be trusted.

32. taimur says:

evra is the one who needs to go. i hate the scumbag. for someone to call a great club like Arsenal a training center and talking trash, i have no sympathy for him. And even if Suarez did say something to Evra, Evra must have done something for him to say something like that. If I were having to play against Evra for 90 minutes, I bet you that I would get fed up and wouldn’t take his B.S. and petulance because i would reach my boiling point and say whatever comes to mind. Suarez is a diver and I hate him for it. But Evra is a little crybaby who talks a load of rubbish to the media. They can both rot tbh.

• Harry says:

Funny, the few times I had racial slurs thrown at me, I had done nothing wrong, so you mean to tell you have to do something wrong for people to call you something offensive? I know some people that have about 50+ years of history that can back me up on that.

33. suzymaster says:

Every single fan, or at least the super majority, of Liverpool FC doesn’t have any problem with the fact that Suzy kicked the bottle. Of course we got surprised at first because we didn’t fully understand why he did so. But after his explanation and apology, we all know it came from his PURE PASSION FOR THE GAME. Even King Kenny didn’t have any problem with that. So just leave that thing out of this, Author, coz it has got nothing to do with these ALLEGED RACIST REMARKS, you are just being irrational by drawing our attentions to some other irrelevent subjects.

With regards to these ALLEGED RACIST REMARKS, has Suzy ever been accused of being a racist in the past? HELL NO. Has Evra ever accused someone of a racist? YES AT LEAST 3 TIMES. => Even a child can tell accusing Suzy would not be a rational choice.

FOR THOSE INSISTING THAT “Just because there is no evidence, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.” FOR FOOKS SAKE, you guys must have 5-year old kids brains. Because there is no evidence, it is equally likely that Suzy or Evra is right ASSUMING BOTH OF THEM WERE NOT INVOLVED IN CASES OF RACISM BEFORE. But we know it was not the first time for Evra. So we are forced to conclude that because there is no evidence, it is more likely that Evra is talking sh*t.

AND THIS ONE GOES TO THE STUPID PROUD GENTLEMAN HARRY -> Hey Evra should’ve told the ref in the first place IF HE WAS CALLED SUCH REMARKS 10 TIMES DURING THE MATCH. But you said “if the ref hears it fine but you can’t always go and complain that someone is calling you out of your name…sticks and stones. Grow some, get some thick skin and go out there and show who is best by staying on your A game.” => FOOKING NONSENSE!!! EVRA SAID HE WAS CALLED 10 TIME, NOT ONE TIME, 10 TIMES, BRO, I think that’s what the ref is for, you are the one who needs to grow your brain.

• Harry says:

Hey and whats the ref going to do? Say, “stop that, thats not nice.”

Either way, the issue has been brought forward and it needs to be dealt with.

-Says the Stupid Proud Gentleman

• suzymaster says:

Say what? “stop that, thats not nice”? are you joking? you mean the ref would admit that Suarez made a racism remark and allow him to stay on the field?

THIS IS WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN IF SUAREZ DID REALLY MAKE SUCH REMARKS TEN TIMES.

The ref would ask linesmen to watch Suarez more closely to see whether he makes such remarks or not.

Then send him off if found out to be true as Evra said.

As Simple As That

REMEMBER IF IT WAS MERELY ONCE, IT WOUDN’T BE WORTHWHILE TO TALK TO THE REF STRAIGHT.

BUT ARE YOU JOKING? 10 TIMES? IS EVRA A MORON? HE SHOULD’VE TOLD THE REF BECAUSE SUCH REMARKS ARE AGAINST THE FAIR PLAY OBJECTIVES OF FIFA, AND THE REFS ARE THERE TO PROMOTE SUCH OBJECTIVES THEREFORE THAT MORON SHOULD’VE TOLD THE REF AGES AGO.

WHAT A JOKE

34. maria says:

The “Ferguson and Evra Plan” to discredit Luis Suarez is not working, Saturday we must bring flags supporting Luis.

35. Graeme says:

@Suarez c*unt

WOW. This is the most embarassing forum post i have ever seen. To answer your dreadful insight:

1. Adam served his suspension vs Brighton in the league cup you idiot (did you honestly think the fa/uefa let him off the hook) …oh wait you did! LOL

2. Dalglish has spent £105m – plus taken in £70m…so has only really spent £35m (he has nothing to show for it was we are 8 games into the season…you thick thick individual)

3. Thanks for letting me know when kenny rejoined the club (i forgot)

….. BPL….lol… you know nothing about football. Clearly a glory hunting ignorant wanabee football fan. I have news for you, youre a laughing stock.

36. Graeme says:

@Harry

you talk sense mate. But lets be clear; Evra has a track record for lying about racism. Immediately 2 things stand out for me in favour of suarez.

1. Called him the N word 10 times? We all know this is either an exaggeration or a lie. An exaggeration normally stems from a lie.

2. There is no evidence on the TV coverage in favour of Evra. There are also no witnesses

For all we know Evra may be 100% truthful here, but how can he be proved right? Equally, how can he be proved wrong?

Being a liverpool fan i’d hate to see suarez suspended, but it would be the right punishment. However, if suarez is found innocent, Evra should recieve a lengthy ban. Trying to ruin someone’s career is unforgivable. I believe suarez and also believe the incident will reach no conclusion.

Thoughts harry?

• Harry says:

Graeme and thats exactly my point, it is hard to prove without witnesses. It comes down to his word vs Suarez and im sorry in the world of competitive sports, there are no angels. Here is something else to ponder, in all of this, not a ref nor a team mate has come forward to either confirm or deny the allegations, have they?

And tv coverage wont help, hahaha.

Regardless if he was called a “nigger” once or 10 times, its one time too many.

I will agree however, its up to Evra that he has to prove his case but it still doesnt mean it didnt happen.

Lets not forget what just happened a few weeks ago at the hotspur arsenal derby.

It shows that there are truly ignorant people and it wont change anytime soon.

• Clampdown says:

Leveling the charge of using racist language is indeed extremely serious. But in the absence of evidence to say “it still doesn’t mean it didn’t happen” is absolutely unfair toward Suarez. I understand he is petulant, he dives, and he gets under the skin of opposing players and supporters, but that doesn’t correlate to him being racist. He should be given the benefit of the doubt in the absence of any evidence to prove he did use such language. I’m sure you would expect the same benefit of doubt to be extended to you if you were accused of an act you said you didn’t commit, right?

• jake says:

wat team do u support harry ? man u or liverpool or none

37. Veo says:

I’ll bet 100 dollars that the author of this article bet a lot of money on Ghana beating Uruguay in the World Cup, and then lost it all on Suarez’ handball. If Suarez yelled THAT word at Evra, why is there no evidence? Because we f**king hate Suarez because of the biting and the handball…oh, and he’s also a racist. Well done.

38. supaghanania says:

Did all u looserpool supporters forget his blatant hand ball against ghana in the world cup. Your’ll make him seem to be an angel but he is a cheat of the biggest kind.
    If your’ll watched when he played for AJAX how many times he was carded for diving…much more than any other player.
    he was even sent off in an AJAX game for 2nd bookable offense…DIVING.
    suarez has a history of cheating and has no morals or values so him calling evra racist remarks is more than plausible

• JoeScribe says:

Once again @supaghanania

I know his hand ball in the World Cup must have hurt you personally (while others would call it a really smart decision), but making the leap between diving and a professional foul to racism is simply ridiculous.

Nobody dives and simulates more than Cristiano Ronaldo. It doesn’t mean he should be a suspect in the next murder investigation in Madrid.

Joe

39. HarryDarcy says:

I wish the so-called “anti-racists” would grow up and allow a discussion about what their “anti-racism” is being used as justification for:

Africa for the Africans,Asia for the Asians,white countries for EVERYBODY!

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives alike say I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

40. daz leeds says:

You cannot make such assumptions, you (and nobody else in the game) have any evidence of any racism on the part of Suarez. To lump it in with him kicking a bottle so you can write an article is pathetic. Get a life Chris.

41. MNUfan1991 says:

^ most effed up comment on EPL, ever.

ps: Suarez is not Caucasian

42. Liver fools says:

Stevie G has never dived? Kenny D never dived? Wake up you Liverpudlians. All strikers dive, some more than others. Charlie Adams didn’t “dive”? Come on, a five year old wouldn’t have gone down like that baby did.

Good luck winning the Premier League this year ‘Pool Fans. You do have an advantage since you’re not in Europe this year. :-) Your players should be well rested!

You’ll never walk alone, but you’ll also never walk with a trophy in Liverpool!!!!

• matt says:

ashley youngs dive was far worse.
      ferdinand caught adam on the toe which disrupted his stride. did he go down easily? no doubt. but at least there was contact. when ashley young dove, there was not even any contact.

43. Liver fools says:

BTW HarryDarcy. No one is stopping you and millions of whites from moving to Africa, Asia, South America. Go for it. I’m sure most people won’t miss you.

44. Graeme says:

@liverfools

WE’VE WON IT 5 TIMES!

Just for the record, Luis Suarez is today one of the best forwards in the world.

My top 10 current forwards (strikers and forwards that play in the 4-3-3 style) are, in order:

Lionel Messi
    Cristiano Ronaldo
    Sergio Aguero/Luis Suarez
    Wayne Rooney
    David Silva
    Robin Van Persie
    Edin Hazard
    Higuain
    Tevez (if playing)

45. matt says:

silly, silly article.
    i for one want a player playing for liverpool who is upset at being taken off. i mean how many times has wayne rooney done this?
    and this racism claim is going to go unproven so to write an article supposing suarez guilt is shameful. pretty much everyone knows it is not going to be proven. not one player from evra’s own team has corroborated it, no t.v footage caught the act even though the cameras were trained on suarez the whole time and the ref was not informed at the time.
    besides, why does this article not focus on evra’s own checkered past? from his previous unproven racism claims, fights with ground staff, petulant refusal to train at the world cup? does kicking a water bottle after being subbed off in an important game where you are 1 goal down compare to refusing to train for your country at the most important football competition on this planet?
    take off your united glasses and get some objectivity.

46. Zipperclub says:

I really don’t understand why Evra didn’t tell the match official about the alleged slurs after the 2nd or 3rd time the were repeated. Surely the official could have heard at least one of the next 7 times if it was truely said
    (could it be the incidents didn’t really occur?).

While I didn’t like Suarez’s attitude when he was subbed, his reactions were mild in my oppinion and really didn’t cause any issues for himdself or the club.

Any game changing talent hates to be taken out of the action, that’s one of the traits that characterize high performers.

47. sven says:

does anyone wish to comment on evra’s conduct while wearing the armband for united?

48. Che says:

Liverpool Supporter (the author) likes to believe manure player than his own player. What a surprise!?!?! He should’ve at least waited until the verdict for this article.

49. dominjon says:

All players are instructed to report any unacceptable racial behaviour to the Ref during the game. It isn’t stick ‘n stones, it is a requirement. Whether you were abused or if you overheard it.
    The Chelsea emplyee said “ignorant’ which became ‘immigrant’ to the ears of others and became a huge issue, a huge issue based on an over-reaction to a mistake in hearing.
    A Uruguyan on the internet claims he lip read what he said to Evra during the one clear piece of footage that has been found, and claims Suarez is basically speaking in a Uruguyan slang version of Spanish, as would be used in a street game in Montevideo. The translation as best as can be translated is along the lines of “Black, stop breaking my balls I don’t even speak English”. As has been explained above the use of the word Negro is common in Uruguay and is not in any way racist, it is used like buddy or mate.
    Unless better evidence emerges I think all that Suarez requires is a quick lesson on not using the familiar and acceptable Uruguyan expression in the Prem League.
    As to the being annoyed about being subbed, the writer should be ashamed for even trying to make that an issue. That happens at least once every week in the Premier League.

50. Damien says:

The writer is described as an avid Liverpool fan if you click on his name… while I do agree that Saurez needs to chill a bit. I really don’t understand why he reacts the way he does even when he plays well.

That being said though Evra is a scumbag and if suarez had said those words 10 times I can’t believe that nobody else on the pitch heard it. As for those saying saurez is a cheat…. was’t Evra rolling around on the floor at the slightest touch around the time this incident was supposed to have occured.

51. jeff says:

Just a question to the people who are saying that Evra should have told the referee, don’t you think that by doing this Suarez (in case he was actually doing it) would have saw him and stopped? Therefore, telling the referee wouldn’t solve this. I’m not here to defend Evra or attack Suarez, in my opinion they’re both great players who need to work on their attitude.

And to the one who said that Suarez ruined United’s defense, suarez’s movement was good and he was a threat, BUT he didn’t score and only managed 1 shot on target against, in my opinion as a united fan, the worst pair of defenders in the team.

But honestly, there’s so much exaggeration and bullshit written here! Most of the comments are utter crap by both sides of course! Wonder why it’s so hard to find a classy and mature football fan.

52. Drew says:

Just thought I’d put in my two cents. I’m a United supporter. I don’t hate Liverpool like I’m “supposed” to, but I don’t particularly care for them either. I think Evra is a great player who works hard, and I’m glad to have him on the team, but I must admit that I get very turned off by his attitude on the pitch. He is petulant, stubborn, and seems to enjoy arguing with other players and the referee. Waving the imaginary card the other week was disgusting. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he just got so fed up with Suarez that he took one comment that was marginally racist and is blowing it out of proportion.

The point is, there’s no way for me to know, so I’m not going to submit that suspicion as fact. And to do so, on either side of the argument, is pretty ignorant. It’s certainly not out of the realm of possibility that Suarez did in fact racially abuse him. But I think it’s been made pretty clear that this is Evra’s issue, and Evra’s alone. To hear all these accusations that Sir Alex and United (as an organization) are strategically supporting these claims is absurd, but I guess is to be expected by blindly exuberant supporters of clubs that hate United.

53. Evan says:

One player is from Uruguay, the other is from France.
    Probably just a misunderstanding.

54. El Tri 2014 says:

That Suarez called him a n_____ is no surprise. Luis Suarez is a bum and no L’pool jersey will ever take that away. What I’m tired of is the constant diving and conning of the official which Suarez does every single freaking game. It has also infected the other players. It’s a matter of time before even the great (old) Stevie G. will start flailing around when a defender even breathes on him. Seriously, the officials just need to start handing out yellow cards to the diving L’pool players.

• Jim says:

So you have already made up your mind that Suarez is guilty even though Evra has form! There has been no bigger diver ever in the English game that your old boy Ronaldo, but I’m sure when he was playing for you and knocking in the goals through his cheating that was okay for you, or the fact that Rooney and Nani are two of the biggest divers in the league. I’m sure you don’t mind the way that Rooney and Giggs and co all surround the ref when anything goes against them and give him a right bollocking! But as long as it’s done by a United player no problem. Even the player in your profile pic is a piece of scum, went out to end a players career with a vicious tackle and then walked out on us on the eve of the world cup. But we did okay without him.

55. Steve says:

To me it’s irrelevent what he said or didn’t say to Evra because Evra is a piece of scam and deserves whatever anybody calls him. And really sickens me about Suarez is the lad’s whole gameplan is to get the referee to make a call that decides any game in his favor. Some players go to a match and formulate how they are going to go at the RB, LB, CB with pace, trickery and/or be physical with him. Suarez’s plan is to fake injury any chance he gets with the minimalist of contacts and the game is not meant to deceive the referee to win you the game. I haven’t seen a single player with that agenda as sole tactic regardless of magnitude of the game and i will never respect that boy even if he scores 1000 goals. It’s like cheating is ingrained in his DNA playing the game of soccer.

56. Cody says:

I didn’t read the article, just the title

And I’ve came to the conclusion that you’re a biased Yanited fan. Maybe it’s time for Evra to grow up too?

57. D says:

They’re both petulant children who get paid millions for what we all want to do. Words hurt, but only if someone lets them get to them. However, racism is stupid but no matter where you go it’ll never stop. People are making a much bigger deal over this than Arsenal fan chats toward Adebayor about wanting him dead in Angola.

58. Vini says:

To all United fans talking about diving, what about Rooney’s dive midweek…?

Just thought I’d remind you ;)

59. Anthony says:

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY THAT at long last this cheat has been caught up with the laws of the game. I STOPPED SUPPORTING LIVERPOOL BECAUSE OF THIS PARTICULAR PLAYER. NEXT TIME THEY SHOULD LOOK FOR FOOTBALLERS OF GOOD CHARACTER. THIS GUY HAS BAD HISTORY SPANNING FROM HIS COUNTRY TO HOLLAND TO WORLD CUP AND NOW HERE IN THE UK
    DIRTY CHEAT!!!!!!