WED, 3PM ET
STO
LEI
SAT, 10AM ET
SUN
TOT

Premier League Sunday, Gameweek 2: Open Thread

There are three important matches on today. We travel to Carrow Road in East Anglia to watch Norwich at home against Stoke City at 8:30am ET, which is followed by Wolves against Fulham at 9am ET and then, last but not least, Bolton against Manchester City at 11am ET.

Just like yesterday, we have two evenly matched games — Norwich against Stoke, and Wolves versus Fulham. And then the last game of the game, on paper at least, looks rather lopsided at the Reebok Stadium.

As always, feel free to share your comments, rants, raves, observations or questions in the comments section below.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Premier League Sunday, Gameweek 2: Open Thread

1. Yespage says:

Really interested in the Stoke match up as they are needing to adapt to Europe and Domestic play. Unfortunately, the game can’t be watched on fs.tv, at least not in my home. I can watch something on Demand, but I can’t watch the game. I can “view” it on the iPhone app, and no, that isn’t good enough.

2. DanJL76 says:

Same here Yespage. I tried un-checking hardware acceleration as they suggest but the spinning graphic still continues after I refresh.Tried chrome, firefox and ie9. This happened to me yesterday too. I guess I’ll have to watch the Wolves vs Fulham game.

3. Dave says:

I haven’t had any luck with foxsoccer.tv this weekend. I keep getting the spinning circle for every match I try. I tried all their troubleshooting steps, and nothing. Is anyone able to watch anything?

I’m very disappointed in the product this year. It was much better last year before they added a bunch of useless bells & whistles, removed content, and jacked the price up $5 per month.

4. Fog says:

Got this response from F#xSuccer.tv. The “fix” didn’t work for me.

“Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that we have checked the stream and there are no technical faults on the site at source.

It is possible that your computer is looking at old pages stored in the cache, or that a cookie has been corrupted.

The site you are using is supported across all platforms – please access the following page for assistance on how to complete this for your browser: http://www.performgroup.com/page/OtherTechnicalAssistance/0,,12605~1312288,00.html

Should your symptoms continue please do not hesitate to contact us again.”

• Tony says:

Funny I got this response from them

We are aware of the issue you have raised which appears to be a technical fault that we have been unable to replicate and is affecting a small number of customers. We are in touch with the site team who are working to find a solution to this issue as soon as possible.

We apologise for the disruption to your service and any inconvenience this may be causing.

We aim to fix this as quickly as we can and appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,

Jessica

Customer Services

• Yespage says:

Anyone get that to work in time? It sounds bogus. Their front website page is updating fine for me. It no longer shows the nPower Championship game.

• Fog says:

I unsubscribed my “Free Preview.” The Tums were costing too much. I’m already bald or else I would be pulling my hair out. I need to learn to relax.

5. Fog says:

“The ball never lies!!”

PK save!! Bad penalty call, but the ball took it into its own hands and corrected the error!!

I learned this phrase in Argentina. I’m sure others place have the same or similar sayings…

6. Steve says:

GOOOOOO WOLVES.

I’m really annoyed that I’m paying $20/m for foxsoccer.tv and I can’t even watch their stream live.

7. Yespage says:

“Watching” the iPhone stream of Stoke v Norwich. Norwich got seriously robbed with that penalty reward and a red card. Based on what I could see Walters fell on his own. There was justice with the penalty save though.

• US Stoke Fan says:

Walters got a toe on the ball and was taken down. The foul was outside the box so it shouldn’t have been a PK but I agree with the red card.. He was the last man and it was a one on one.. the intent was to take him down prior to it being a penalty, that’s what a red card is for.

8. US Stoke Fan says:

Why is Andy Johnson in the premier league? If my choices for striker were Robbie Findlay, Brian Ching, and Andy Johnson.. Johnson would finish third.

9. Yespage says:

Tried watching Stoke v Norwich “on demand” and it pops right up. Do these people know how to run a site?

10. Yespage says:

What a game by Wolves. Fulham just never seemed to have their heads in it, until that late chance around 80 minutes.

• Steve says:

I was worried the Week 1 performance may have been a fluke but they were even better today than last week, which is saying something. Fantastic stuff to see. Much improved over last year. I won’t hold my hopes too high or make any bold predictions (just yet), but if this keeps up it will be a very exciting season.

11. CTBlues says:

FoxSoccer really needs to release an app for PS3 and Roku.

12. bluemoonrising says:

all the games are on EPL site every matchday although if ur a man city fan like myself be prepared for the ridiculous amount of man utd fans that watch Man city (and heckle) week in and week out , regardless of whether utd are actually playing ..buy a shirt guys its already known that most of u are glory hunters

13. CTBlues says:

It’s official Mata is a Blue!

14. Alan Partridge says:

‘Sunday Bloody Sunday’. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn’t it? You wake up in the morning, you’ve got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you’ve got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think “Sunday, bloody Sunday!”.

• MUFC77 says:

Glad I wasn’t the only one that got that.

• Dave C says:

Norwich are back in the premier league too. If only Alan Partridge could commentate their games, with the occasional side-conversation about the pedestrianisation of the city centre, and exclamations of “back of the net” whenever a goal is scored.