WED, 2:45PM ET
ROMA
CSKA
WED, 2:45PM ET
ATH
SHA

Spanish Super Cup, Barcelona v Real Madrid: Where to Watch the Finals On TV

3856264114 d0d81597fb Spanish Super Cup, Barcelona v Real Madrid: Where to Watch the Finals On TV

Photo by boldorak2208

Despite the news that La Liga will delay the start of the 2011-12 season due to a strike by the Spanish players’ union, soccer fans can still look forward to the 2011 Supercopa Espana which kicks off Sunday, August 14 between La Liga winner Barcelona and Copa del Rey champion Real Madrid.

The final will be played over two-legs. Live coverage of Sunday’s game at Santiago Bernabeu begins at 4pm ET on ESPN Deportes, ESPN Deportes Radio and ESPN3.com, while the Wednesday August 17 second leg will be broadcast live from Camp Nou at 5pm ET, also on ESPN Deportes, ESPN Deportes Radio and ESPN3.com

In addition to the game coverage, ESPN Deportes has plenty more in store including:

• Fuera de Juego (Sun 8/14 from 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. and 6:00p.m.-7:00 pm ET. Wed. 8/17 from 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. ET) – The network’s international soccer program will offer special live coverage from site with host and soccer expert Fernando Palomo,
  • SportsCenter (Sun 8/14 from 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. ET). ESPN Deportes’ flagship sports news and information program will feature extensive coverage with special reports from Rafa Puente, and José Ramón Fernández;
  • Los Capitanes (Wed 8/17 from 4:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m. ET) – The network’s commentary program will feature special live reports from Camp Nou with José Ramón Fernandez

Meanwhile, ESPNDeportes.com will provide in-depth coverage highlighted by extensive online video, real-time Gamecast application featuring live scores and stats as the matches unfold. Additional features include live polls, blogs, photo gallery and video clips highlighting the best plays.

Both the first and second leg will also be shown live on GolTV.

This entry was posted in Barcelona, Leagues: La Liga, Real Madrid. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Spanish Super Cup, Barcelona v Real Madrid: Where to Watch the Finals On TV

1. Efrain says:

I was annoyed when I read beginning of article only mentioning the ESPN’s broadcast, but relieved when you casually added in the end that GolTv showing the matches as well. Strange how the GolTv reference was not included in the second paragraph along with the ESPN information.

I know, picky, but to me it would make more sense to not separate the information like that :)

2. Efrain says:

Gaffer, I did not mean any foul by my comments…. just found it odd.

I guess it depends on whether Barca will start their A-Team. If they do, I am confident that Barca would take it. But its tough to be objective as I am a Barca fan.

• The Gaffer says:

No worries Efrain!

Should be an interesting Spanish Super Cup – especially even more so if Fabregas signs for Barcelona on Monday!

• Efrain says:

I do love Cesc, but am sad as I love Arsenal too and wish he would have stayed because in reality, Arsenal need him more than Barcelona. But I have to say he handled himself very well these last two years with all the rumors and drama surrounding his transfer.

3. Efrain says:

Debbie, btw, I did not mean to sound spiteful with my comments, just found it odd that GolTv was not mentioned earlier in your article. And, welcome aboard….. I think….. as I have not seen you write on this blog.

• Debbie Harris says:

Efrain,
      You didn’t sound spiteful at all. This is my first article and any constructive criticism is helpful. You’ll see some more articles from me this week as I report on the Supercopa Espana. Looking forward to watching El Clásico live. Thanks!
      Debbie

4. The two Spanish giants have not met in the Spanish Super Cup contest since 1997. Fans however had too much to enjoy earlier this year as the clubs clashed on four occasions in La Liga, the Copa del Rey final, and the UEFA Champions League semi-finals.

Barcelona lost a single encounter in the unforgettable Clasico series, but their defeat was a highly meaningful one for Real Madrid, who eventually broke their cupless curse.