SAT, 8:45AM ET
HUL
SOU
SAT, 11AM ET
STO
WHU

Join the 2011-12 Fantasy Premier League: Players Wanted

fantasy premier league 2011 121 Join the 2011 12 Fantasy Premier League: Players Wanted

The number one Premier League game is open for the 2011-12 season.

Fantasy Premier League, the official fantasy game from the Barclays Premier League, has opened its doors for the new season. And you can now join the EPL Talk private league with thousands of soccer fans from around the world. By playing the free game each week during the season, you compete against fellow EPL Talk readers for the chance to finish first in the league.

Last season, the EPL Talk private league finished in the top 20 of all private leagues worldwide out of more than 200,000 leagues. So it’s definitely one you want to join. Plus, this season the design of Fantasy Premier League has completely changed. Out goes the look-and-feel that we’ve been accustomed to for several years. In comes a new design powered by EA Sports. It’s definitely slicker (see above screenshot). It’ll take a while to get used to it, but the core functionality appears to be similar thus far.

Here’s how to join the EPL Talk private league today:

1. Visit the Fantasy Premier League site and log in
  2. If you’ve never registered before, go to https://users.premierleague.com/PremierUser/register/index.html
  3. After logging in, select your team (you can always change the team selection later, so don’t worry about finalizing your team right then and there),
  4. Click the ‘League’ link in the top navigation,
  5. After clicking the “Join A League” link, choose ‘Private League’ and then click the ‘Next’ button,
  6. Enter the code 9751-4448 and then click the ‘Join Private League’ button

Fantasy Premier League is definitely addictive and a lot of fun. Throughout the Premier League season, be sure to check back with EPL Talk for helpful tips and tricks on how to maximize the most number of points possible.

Enjoy the season and best of luck!

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

50 Responses to Join the 2011-12 Fantasy Premier League: Players Wanted

1. Andyb says:

What a terrible team.

2. Stavros says:

I am very interested in playing some PL fantasy this year. I want to play with a friend or two of mine (don’t have enough to fill a whole league) and am confused about the structure of these leagues. In other fantasy leagues, there was a finite number of teams/players to go around. If I took LeBron James for instance, no one else could, so the leagues could only hold a certain number of people to play. It looks as if there is no limit to the amount of teams in these leagues and I don’t understand how that works. Can multiple people have the same player?

• nicc says:

stavros,
      every team can field the exact same lineup if they want.
      this is completely unlike American based sports fantasy leagues.

• Liam says:

Its called a “salary cap league” and was created in United States (ahem Nicc). By the way this is the worst way to play fantasy anything. Its really nice that 1000s of people can play in the same league but it takes all the fun out of managing a team. No draft, No trades, no waivers, very little skill or knowledge needed. If there are any web developers out there wanting to make a bunch of money, please create an Premier League “draft style” fantasy game. It would be so much fun and people would pay you lots of money to not have to deal with the salary cap crap.

• Dan says:

To Liam and whoever else may be interested…

I have created the draft league you are looking for. I’m not a web developer, so it’s a bit of a workaround, but it uses the official EPL site for scoring. It’s essentially a Google spreadsheet that keeps track of rosters and ensures no two managers have the same player. I’ve also written up rules for the league. Check out http://www.epldraft.com or email me at drpernik@gmail.com.

We used a similar system last year and it was a lot of fun!

• Chad says:

Stavros…The way this league works is every player has a salary rating. It is the job of each manager to employ whatever players they want within the salary cap. So there can be multiple teams with the same roster, if both managers value the same players and “hire” them.

As the season goes on, the salaries change based on performance. Managers can buy and sell with the goal of scoring more points than others. It’s a blast!

• Mekias says:

If I picked up a player at a low cost at the beginning of the season and he starts doing really well, will I be able to keep him at the price I bought him for or will he start taking more and more of my salary cap as his value goes up?

• Chad says:

Mekias…You keep the player at the cost you purchased. One of the strategies of the game is that you can sell players away who gain or lose value, so your $$ management can impact the quality of squad you can have.

3. Evan says:

Was one of the first 100 people in the world to make my team last night :)
    .. i had nothing else to do.

Looking forward to this season’s fantasy game a lot.

4. Josh says:

Does anyone know if it is still possible to ask people to join your league by posting it on Facebook? They used to have it and I can’t seem to find it on their new system. Much appreciated!

5. Slugs says:

I joined up. Looking forward to the season.

6. The_NZA says:

just joined and there is pages of people already signed up

7. Rob says:

Is anyone else having issues joining a private league? I enter the info, click the button, but nothing happens…

• Rob says:

Nevermind, it worked without actually confirming it to me…

Hope you guys have your tickets to “The Gunner Show”

8. ro says:

suarez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. DFW_RED says:

What’s the deal with transfers? Can you make them during the season?
    Does the remainder of my budget go away when the season starts?

• James says:

If they didn’t change anything, you can make transfers throughout the season. You get 1 a week that’s free, and 1 wildcard that you can use at anytime (effectively giving you a freebie). If you don’t use transfers they add up.

However, if you don’t have a wildcard or a stockpile and you want to make more than one transfer a week you are deducted 4 points per transfer.

10. DFW_RED says:

Thanks James

11. Daniel says:

I’m in…

12. Curious says:

Anyone else having issues with the site? I go to the transfers page and can’t see any players listed…. Seems to be happening in both IE and Firefox

13. BD says:

Yo Gaffer and anyone else interested….come join my private league…..18 spots left. Use code 472386-128855.

14. Davide says:

Oh yes, I put my team in the league, I’m looking forward to the premier league.

Davide from Italy

15. Davide says:

I put my team in the league, I’m looking forward to the premier league

Davide from Italy

16. Mattd says:

saw that there were problems joining the league….I’m having difficulties tonight……anyone else having any issues with it?
    YNWA

17. McDonald says:

If any of you football fanatics would like to join the Celtic FC Supporters league regardless of being a supporter or not I would be very grateful. The Code is 191503-60215 but remember if copy’paste doesn’t work simply type it in, hope to see some of you football fans over there, THANKS.

18. Jason Fowler says:

Hey Guys,
    Just started a private league that needs more people. If you are looking for another league, try this one:
    934240-236397

Everton fans preferred (and by default, Liverpool haters encouraged)

19. Ragz says:

Hey everyone, If you are looking for another private league,try:
    1016375-244847

20. death from above aka baza says:

just joined lookin foward to another cracking seasons reds all the way

21. death from above aka baza says:

Hey Guys,
    221592-67499

liverpool fans preferred (and by default, man u or everton haters encouraged)

22. Vinith Moorthy says:

Hey all you Reds, Blues, and Whites…Join my league..1140827-264467..All Footie loving Indians and Non-Indians welcome!

23. Rusty says:

Please join my league

24. lfcfcd says:

Morning……need to fill up my private league! Join in using code664974-17070791.

Reds encouraged to come on board….won’t turn anyone away.

25. Ronaldo7 says:

join my private league code: 1579989-340325

26. Ellsbury says:

For all EPL fans join my private league
    the code : 1579989-340727

27. Oli says:

Need to make changes to my squad and I am getting the server FAIL message….. ahhhhh!!!!

28. Ispa says:

join my private league for fun…anyone are most welcome!
    league code : 646158-170889

**Chelsea fans & Malaysian proud**

29. neil hamilton says:

y cannt i log on,ive picked my team and done transfers ,but now i cannt log on?????????????

30. Zizu says:

cant log on either – strange?

31. rooney says:

i cant join EPLtalk league. this message appears when i tried, “This is not a valid league code. Please enter another code or check the code with the league administrator.”

• The Gaffer says:

The Fantasy Premier League site has been experiencing a lot of issues the past few days. If the code still doesn’t work, please post something on this thread and let me know.

32. premier league's the best says:

HEY I REALLY NEED MORE PEOPLE TO JOIN MY LEAGUE SO PLEASE JOIN :) THANKS 962685-235831

33. Rahoul says:

In past years you would automatically join the official league of the team that you had selected as favorite. This year I have joined leagues where I have the code but have not been added to the official Arsenal league ? Does anyone know how to do this ?!? HELP PLEASE !

34. Join the league! says:

hey, if anyone wants to join our league then PLEASE JOIN, could do with more people. thanks 962685-235831 :)