SUN, 8:30AM ET
TRI
THFC
SAT, 7:45AM ET
AST
NEW

Man Utd Open Their Tour Bus to Fans in Seattle And Make Dreams Come True: Video

It’s a wet, rainy afternoon in Seattle and you’ve just finished a tough practice. You jump on the tour bus and start heading back to your hotel to relax, but along the way, you see a small group of fans standing alongside the road with Manchester United scarves and banners. What would you do?

Well, if you’re Manchester United, you stop the bus and invite the fans to come on board to get autographs. I’m not a Manchester United supporter, but this is one of those videos where you have to respect the club for caring about its supporters and taking 10 minutes out of their day to give something back.

Watch the above video to see what happens. And keep on watching to see who are in the back of the bus playing video games.

Hats off to Manchester United for making a dream come true for the kids who got on the bus. I’m sure they’ll never forget that day!

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, Manchester United. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Man Utd Open Their Tour Bus to Fans in Seattle And Make Dreams Come True: Video

1. brian c says:

Wow…. that is really cool. totally made their month, let alone their day!

2. jmansor says:

Incredible. I don’t think I would have believed it if there wasn’t video.

3. ArsenalFC says:

I think fans should support their local teams instead of glory hunting. I live in Houston and I would’ve supported them if they’d been founded before 2005. I was already an Arsenal fan since 2002, and surprisingly, I have stayed loyal to them since. And I’m not among st the new breed of gloryhunting, armchair supporters who taunt and trash-talk other teams when we beat them. I appreciate football and I’ll watch whoever is playing, but I’ll save up money to fly to London soon and watch them play live, whether they’re playing in the top-flight or second division. And about the United players inviting players, ANY TEAM ON earth would do that if they were touring a foreign country and trying to attract more fans..duh! it’s all about the $$$. today the dynamo play the bolton wanderers and i’m sure owen coyle would’ve extended the same hospitality to the houstonians unless he wanted to risk bad publicity and Bolton do not get a chance to make $$$ in America next year and out goes the potential revenue stream. It’s become all about the $$$ and teams will be on their best behavior to cater to their fans and the managers and players all know that. It’s nothing special. However, I will give United credit for inviting those Chilean miners who were rescued..that was a classy gesture but I’m sure any club would’ve done that to get publicity. You don’t think Doncaster Rovers or Millwall or Aldershot or any of these clubs wouldn’t have extended the same hospitality if they had the chance to??

• nezir tepe says:

booooooring…………

• brn442 says:

Arsenal, stay off the powder fella.

Some of the players looked a bit jaded, granted they were probably tired but I can see teams with the likes of a Gazza, Keegan, Best or Pele being slightly more enthused – different era I guess. That said, they didn’t have to stop, credit to Sir Ferguson, the squad and staff for giving a few fans the best 5 minutes of their lives.

• reidscott says:

WTF? Go away please.

• MiaK says:

Wtf is this about? lol, you are on something young fella.

• Dave C says:

Alright, it’s just a video of a few kids having some dreams come true, no need to over-think it or complain that Man Utd are getting more attention than Doncaster or Milwall would have done in the same situation.

You’ve got a point that to a certain extent (especially when done in a fairly organized, team-wide approach like this) it’s about winning over new fans, and thereby earning more money.

However, I can tell you that sometimes players do stuff like this purely out of the goodness of their hearts. In fact, here’s a true story for you: when my infant cousin was in hospital as a toddler a few years ago (as a result of ongoing side-affects of being born extremely prematurely), Rio Ferdinand made a surprise visit to the hospital. My auntie met him (she didn’t have a clue who he was – in fact I remember that when she told me the story, she referred to him as “some footballer called Ringo Ferdinand”), and said he seemed a pretty nice chap who was just happy to put a smile on the faces of a few sick kids. He certainly wasn’t doing it for publicity or money (I don’t think the event even made the local papers).

4. nezir tepe says:

when the guy said he was Bulgarian fergi said something and they all started to laugh i would love to know what the crack was :)

5. Cord4Gooner says:

By the look on some of the United Players faces – they were tired and too pleased for the autograph session (Vidic gives a great look). The public relations lady made the bus driver pull over I am sure.

Foreign random fans, all alone & the United bus approaches at a very slow speed. This was weird, where are all the other fans? How random and what a once in a lifetime chance … This almost looks staged, but it obviously isn’t . The only reason the bus stopped is because the group of fans was so small and randomly out of place.

If I saw that bus I’d probably go off in a turret’s like cursing tangent!

6. old33 says:

Even though I always hated and will always hate United, you have to give them props for this. They didn’t have to stop. One thing I have always admired about Fergie is when he signs an autograph for a kid walking to his box before a game. Bet he had something to do with this.

• brn442 says:

Ferguson had everything to do with it. The Man utd staffer pointed to Fergie and said “he’s the one you should be thanking”

7. Mucky Fingers says:

No one hates Man Utd. more than me (City til I die!), but hats off to them for this. It would be great to see more clubs doing this once in a blue moon.

8. ArsenalFC says:

Yes yes. Unlike those chumps running Arsenal charging expensive ticket prices when they’ve won F***ALL in 6 years. lol. Arsenal through thick and thin. But that doesn’t mean you can’t watch other teams play if you have the chance, but don’t support a team just for the simple fact that they are winning trophies and then hop the bandwagon when things aren’t going so gr8.

• MG says:

Fellow Gooner here..

What are you on about? Talk about total irrelevancy. This is a video of a team’s bus stopping to great some fans. Why are you making Arsenal fans look bad by complaining bitterly and pathetically about people following Man Utd? You have a point (beating Sounders 7-0 last night is a guaranteed thousands upon thousands of new Man Utd bandwagoners haha), but it is totally out of place and context in this thread.

9. Will says:

I think if this was the Chelsea bus and I was there I would of liked to sit next to Torres just to talk to him! :)

10. Matthew says:

This a classic human interest story. Some people need to chill out and relax and let the fans have their moment in the sun. It was a kind move by Man U. to allow then on the bus and to meet the players and get their autographs.

11. ArsenalFC says:

I would give them the finger or as they do in England, the V-sign, to show them how I feel about them and sing aloud, “We are Arsenal FOREVER”!

• Matthew says:

Sorry to say but you need to act your age, which I am assuming is an adult. Your comments are petty and childess. Some of them were just little kids having a fun time and you have to be a jackass about it. Arsenal should be ashamed to have you as a fan.

12. Taimur says:

I actually have respect for the REd Devils even though I’m an Arsenal fan too. But i don’t have respect for clubs like Chelsea and Manchester City who just happened to come into some money pumped by foreign billionaires and that’s put them in a position to attract world-class talent. Like Arsenal, Man United and Liverpool FC built their teams throughout the years and we prided on building ourselves like that. It’s a shame that nowadays Chelsea, and more recently, Manchester City are being put in the same breath as 3 clubs with big traditions, Arsenal being in top-flight longest, Man United 19 league titles, Liverpool 18 League/5 European Cups.